At 20-30% of home energy consumption, water heating is typically the 2nd highest energy demand. The Power-Pipe can dramatically cut water heating costs and reduce total home energy consumption by 5-10%. It works by using outgoing warm drain water to pre-heat incoming cold fresh water so your water heater doesn’t have to work as hard. The Power-Pipe will typically pay for itself in as little as 2 years, and may qualify for Government or Utility grants. The Power-Pipe’s performance has been tested in accordance with the CSA B55.1 standard and independently verified by Intertek. The Power-Pipe is safe for drinking water, requires no maintenance, has no moving parts, increases effective hot water capacity, extends water heater life, and can be used with any type of standard plumbing system and comes with a 10 year warranty. Furthermore, Power-Pipe technology is proven, practical, affordable, and in use in many thousands of homes. A Power-Pipe will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 1 ton/year per household in the average family of four.
- Lowest cost and shortest payback on your money amongst water heating saving technologies
- The R3-60 will save up To 35% on your water heating costs and is easy to install by any plumber and most do-it-yourselfers
- All residential (R-series) units include matching drain connectors and connect easily to a 3/4 in. fresh water line
- For 3 in. drain pipe and requires a vertical drain pipe length between fittings of 63 in.
- NOTE: According to CSA testing with the R3-60, performance is proportional to rated efficiency