Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 19
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by NorCal Good for job site.
I don't usually leave reviews for products even if I love them simply because I don't have the time. This is one product though, that I just had to come back and share my personal experience.
I was a little hesitant when I ordered this because the price was so much lower than comparable generators. We are using this on a job site that does not have grid power pulled in yet. We are able to run one power tool at a time on this thing which is fine. Two will start at one time, but it does start to bog in the cut. We are using a table saw, chop saw, skilsaw, sawzall and 1.5HP air compressor.
Also, I'd like to add that it starts right up on the first or second pull even when outside temp was 28 degrees F. Very pleased with this product.
November 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Hunter Great Generator
Purchased this model after a great deal of research. This generator was purchased for my camper at my deer lease. Generator fired up on first pull, and to date has been used four separate nights. Easily powered a 1500 watt heater, lights, a coffee pot etc. Ran all night plus on a full tank each time. Noise was less than anticipated, and easy to maneuver with supplied wheel kit. As with all economically priced generators I would not recommend plugging sensitive electronics into it; my portable Blueray did not like it, but then again, it was also several hundred dollars less than a similar wattage generator with inverter.
December 10, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PBK63 For back up generator this one a good value
Things I liked:
1. Has 4 120V outlets so can hook in 4 extension cords, Has one 120V RV outlet and comes with plug. Important because no outlet has rain protection. If keep outside good idea to get cover for this as well.
2. Gasoline easy to put in and has gauge for both gasoline and hours of use.
3. Started on second pull first time. Stalled but easily restarted. Second and third use started on first or second pull.
4. Air filter can be cleaned and reinstalled and no need for oil filter.
5. Produced 122.5 volts and 62 HZ when running without any loads. When put 7.5 amp and 10 amp load dropped to 121.5 and fluctuated .3 either side. Likewise HZ dropped from 62 to 61.5 with .2 fluctuations. For small generator these are acceptable but would be careful attaching any voltage sensitive equipment.
Things I do not like:
1. When arrived well packaged and easy to unload. Set up over weekend when customer service not available. Picture showed wheels installed using brackets but only one bracket welded to the axle. Found second one in parts bag. But puzzled at first. Wheel instructions say to install using cotter pin but instead they have changed this to a nut. One good thing is they include all the tools you need to assemble. Also on wheels they do not mention you need to remove the rubber feet for use if not attaching a wheel kit. With these caveats installation is very simple.
2. Does not come with oil so need to have on hand along with gasoline when ready to test. Be sure to check the chart for what oil to use at what temperatures. Oil is not easy to fill or to check. Good to have funnel for filling and measuring out the 20 oz (its capacity) so not to overfill (as I did!). To drain you will need a small shallow pan. For my mower I use coffee can but that will not work with this as it is too low to the ground. This is typical of these small generators so not a negative on this one.
3. Another item you will need is a ground wire and a grounding post. I picked up a 48 inch battery cable and used a copper post I had on hand. You will want to have these handy when ready to install and use.
4. Should be able to chain this generator without too much trouble using the frame. Good theft protection.
1. Other than set up the instructions are quite good although this is one set of instructions you should not only read but mark up so you can refer to it when using this generator. There are a number of items to keep in mind such as letting run a few minutes before putting on a load. Being sure to have loads turned off before plugging them in and after use before you turn off the generator. Otherwise can ruin the voltage regulator (not a good thing!). Length of extension cords and size of wiring in those cords useful item as was list of basic wattage of appliances.
2. I had purchased a Kill A Watt device to measure voltage, amperage and HZ and this is a very good item to have with any back up generator. One I purchased does not save data when turned off nor is it backlit. As result I use a short surge protector strip which makes this easier to read. This device will tell you how the voltage is running as well as how much wattage you are using (volts x amps) and the HZ readings. All very useful to be sure you are getting as clean power as is possible with these generators.
3. This generator does not produce 240V power so if you need that this is not for you.
May 28, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 1lady easy to put together and use.
I got the generator online. It came in a matter of days and was double boxed with no damage what so ever. The handle and wheels had to be put on the generator. I am a female in my late 60's and had no problem doing this. The instructions were very clear. The generator is easy to use with the manual being very clear on "how and whats". I am very happy this generator. I would recommend it. I bought this one because everything about this generator seemed great when checking reviews, recommendations and features. I haven't had it long though, to say whether it will be long lasting, but it does have a warranty.
March 26, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Michelle Great product!
We have been using it for about 5 weeks and love it ...I looked at all the reviews and we have found them to be true. Quick , dependable start- and a bit quieter then others we have heard running before.
Lots of power to run several lights and power saw.
We leaned 2 pieces of plywood together to form a "tent ' over the unit and located it low on the hillside - and the noise is cut down so much we barely hear it . Very happy !
September 18, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by tallman2 SUPER VALUE!
Looking for emergency power during an outage? I would highly recommend that you take this generator into consideration. I am amazed how much you get for the money. I would give it ten stars in value if I could. I haven't had an outage yet ( a good thing ) but upon running break-in and testing it has showed how far China has come in producing some quality products. Assembly of the enclosed hardware is very simple and all the tools needed are enclosed and even extras. Add oil, a little gas, a few pulls and off it goes. It is quieter than expected and ran smooth. This unit comes with features that some higher priced don't have. Research and see.
I like the way it was packaged, box within a box. It was shipped quickly and at my doorstep in less than a week. NICE!
March 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ronald great purchase for backup power.
good price, quick delivery, easy assembly and good clean looking, minor damage on air cleaner
May 5, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by happycamper Low cost easy to start reasonably quiet
I borrowed this generator from my brother in law when our power went out during the recent storm. It powered my refrigerator, freezer, a few lights, and TV. At the same time I ran a line to my neighbors house and it powered his refrigerator, freezer, and a few lights. Worked flawlessly 12-hours a day for 4-days.
November 6, 2012