Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ReneQ Propane powered generator
Assembly was easy, a 1 person job. Instructions were clear on assembly. However the oil change process leaves a bit to be desired. The drain plug is marked with a blue line that is to the right of the plug. I opened the port to make sure it was the oil plug. Putting the oil in is easy. Draining the oil spills it onto the frame so I bought a cheap oil transfer pump to get most of the oil out thru the fill port and then open the plug to let the rest out. I haven't tried this yet but it can't be any more messy than spilling it onto the frame.
September 15, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Chief The unit was easy to assemble, unfortunately, we were unable to get the unit to start. Home Depot Reps also tried to get the unit started but failed;. Home Depot refunded our money... We were very pleased with how Home Depot worked with us to resolve the issues with the 3,250 Watt Propane Powered Generator. We plan to purchase a Stand By Generator from Home Depot in the near future.
October 24, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jimbo99 A good backup for emergencies
It is a neat,compact and well enginered generator. I did a lot of reading, comparing and researching portable generators over the last couple of years.I did not find any that I was sold on until this came out this year. I wanted a propane generator for the safety of not storing gasoline and propanes stability and shelf life.This unit has the power and economy to keep my essentials on during a power outage.A few things to note if you do purchase one.Do not choke the carb.unless it is cold temps.Open propane tank valve slowly to charge fuel line.Give the carb.fill button a very quick push to not flood the carb.Pull the crank rope straight up at the 12o'clock position and crank until it fires up usually 3 or 4 cranks.I learned these tricks by talking to the factory rep.and my own trial and error.
July 30, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Steve Solid Unit
This unit has everything you are looking for in portable power at a reasonable price. It is easy to operate and for those who don't want to deal with gasoline, etc. it's a must have. The fact I can easily transport this unit and utilize my existing LP tanks has me thinking how versatile it is (remodeling, camping, tailgating, etc.). It's well built and comes with a two year warranty if there is an issue. Enjoy!
May 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Buck Great So Far
- Price is excellent for a 3250 Watt propane generator.
- Started right up and ran 2 x 1650 Watt heaters without a hiccup.
- Nice digital multi-meter shows frequency, Voltage, run time.
- Relatively light compared to others of this rating.
- Compact design compared to others.
- High quality powder coat is ding and scratch proof.
- Aluminum generator end housing and bearing support (for those of you who remember the bad old days of Powermate with plastic end housing).
- Supplied by PRAMAC, a world-class generator company.
- Kinda funky transport handle arrangement - but they thoughtfully provided a toe step so you can easily tilt up to roll on the big main wheels.
- Big main wheels are kinda wobbly and need some additional washer shimming.
- One of the aluminum castings looks a little iffy, showing 1/16" voids where it was machined off.
- Instruction manual parts list reference numbers do not match reference numbers on the exploded diagram.
- (Not the fault of the generator!) HD's shipper in the southeast is dazed and confused. Every time I called them they said it was on the truck, but it wasn't. I needlessly took a day off from work (lost $$) for them to deliver, but they didn't. After I raised a stink a gentleman brought it out to my house in the trunk of his large car. I am less than 15 miles from the PRAMAC America warehouse.
April 29, 2014