Black Lace Elderberry from Proven Winners has purple-black foliage and is durable and adaptable. Its creamy pink flowers contrast nicely with the dark leaves and blackish red fall berries that attract birds and other wildlife. Leaves, bark, roots and buds can be toxic to pets.
- Black Lace Elderberry from Proven Winners has dark lacy foliage all season. Its soft pink flowers bloom in early summer then make way for elderberries, which can be harvested for making wine and jam.
- Prefers partial to full sun (4+ hours) and moist soil. Thrives in acid or alkaline soils. Grows to be 6-8 feet tall and wide. At time of shipment, this plant will be about 6 months to 1 year old.
- Blooms in early summer with pink flowers. Quart shrubs are 5-10 inches tall when they are shipped, depending on the season.
- Hardiness zones: 4-7. Be sure to check your USDA Hardiness Zone if you want this plant to come back year after year.
- Hand-picked by experienced shippers and delivered fresh from the greenhouse in a 4.5 in. quart container. Plants shipped from November through March will arrive dormant.
- Proven Winners guarantees all of its plants are correctly packaged in specially designed boxes, arrive in good condition and are accurately labeled.
- This elderberry is wonderful as a border plant, in a container, and in a landscape as a focal point.
- To introduce the most unique, highest quality plants, Proven Winners are tested for years in gardens across the world. Our plants are unsurpassed in terms of flowering, growth and garden performance.