Proxxon Thermo Cut 12/E Hot Wire Cutter for free modeling in Styrofoam. No crumbling as when working with knife and sandpaper. Proxxon cutting wire 11.4 in. x 20-Gauge or 285 x 0.85 mm. Can be formed by hand or with pliers to cut any shape profile. Hand held hot wire cutter features top pivotal fixture to firmly hold wire at the desired angle. Bottom extendable wire fixture holds bottom end of wire to a maximum extension of 7.9 in. or 200 mm. Has variable cutting temperature feature that is adjustable by a turn of the knob. Trigger finger on/off switch for safety and convenience. Practical applications include freehand cutting for creating landscapes for railroading, architecture modeling, and prototype construction for designers, decorators or for fine work on construction insulation. Temperature range is 300°-660°F. Tool requires a 38706 12-Volt transformer NG 2/S (sold separately).
- Hot wire cutter for free modeling in styrofoam
- Free hand cutting in thick styrofoam for diorama model railroad construction of any shape or classical model building
- Variable cutting temperature control
- Extendable wire fixture with maximum extension of 7.9 in.
- Polarity protected system plug for MICROMOT transformers
- Not intended for industrial use; hobby applications only
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs