Rated 5.0 out of 5 by 2
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KurtJ Easy Install
Installation was very easy. Drill into a stud. Cut the strap to length. Very happy with the product. Will put theses on all my bookshelves.
January 22, 2011
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by aspenco0 Good Product
Product performed as advertised. The color matched the wood well, installation was a breeze, and bookcase feels very secure. We purchased the product for increased safety as our child begins climbing and pulling objects.
1) We preferred the natural slack in the strap versus a rigid metal angle bracket since our bookcase may settle into the carpet over time. We were concerned that a rigid metal angle bracket may stress the wood surface as the bookcase settled.
2) The product should be able to be removed without damaging the wood using a common citrus based goo remover.
3) The velco is definitely stronger than your average velcro and is sewn into the strap.
4) You can order additional velcro pads with the adhesive back when you need to relocate the furniture and the velcro pads no longer align with a wall stud. That is the only catch with this product, once you adhere the velcro pad, you cannot unstick and then restick. Unsticking does not guarantee the same level of safety. That is why you can order additional sticky pads.
5) Also, undoing the velcro and re-velcroing excessively can reduce the safety. The instructions mention 20 plus times. So don't try to clean behind your bookcase too often.
August 24, 2010