Quikrete 70 lb. Type S Masonry Cement, when mixed with sand, is used to make Type S mortar mixes. Type S Masonry Mortar is suitable for building structural masonry walls both above and below grade. Quikrete 70 lb. Type S Masonry Cement can also be used for making stucco mixes complying with the requirements for ASTM C 926. To make a traditional Type S mortar mix, combine 3 parts Masonry Sand with 1 part Quikrete Type S Masonry Cement.
- Use for making type S mortar mixes
- Suitable for building structural masonry walls both above and below grade
- Masonry mortar must be blended with the specified amount of properly graded sand that meets the ASTM C 144 specification
- Mix with sand that complies with the ASTM C 897 specification for stucco applications
- Mix 1 part Quikrete type S masonry cement with 3 parts masonry sand in compliance with ASTM C 270 for masonry mortar
- Recommended drain: K-7272 or K-7271
- Learn more about concrete and cement here in our Buying Guide