Rated 3.9 out of 5Â by 7
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0Â by Frustrated Great Purchase, Bad Experience
I purchased this Cordless Drill (which was online purchase only) while I was at Home Depot, the staff was very helpful in assisting me order it on their computer. While there I purchased battery and charger. Drill was shipped promptly and when I registered Drill online with Rigid for Lifetime Warranty it was reject because I didn't have reciept for purchase, I had to mail copies of all my paperwork including shipping/delivery papers at my additional expense of $8.00 to recieve my warranty. I don't recommend Rigid Products since you have to go the extra mile for them. Home Depot and staff was awesome, this problem was with RIGID, not Home Depot.
January 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by RobertsTX The best cordless I've owned to date.
I've owned a few cordless drills and this one outshines them in every regard. To put it in context, I've owned Skil, Hitachi, Milwaukee, Ryobi and have used my Dad's DeWALT quite a bit helping him remodel his entire home. This cordless is better than any of those I owned, and I'd say darn near as good as the DeWALT. In terms of battery life, the Rigid beats the others I've used and definitely better battery life than the DeWALT. Hands down - battery life is AMAZING. The Ryobi and Hitachi I had were also 18v, but the torque that the Rigid has is much more powerful than the Skil and Hitachi. You can feel the torque in your wrist. The DeWALT had a bit more torque, but keep in mind that I never had to use the DeWALT to finish a job the Rigid couldn't handle. My Rigid has always finished what I started. When I bought mine, it came with a coupon for a free battery, so including the TWO that came with it, I now have 3 batteries. My problem is that the thing is so efficient, I never have gotten to that 3rd battery and rarely to the 2nd on my projects.
Most of my projects are home repair time work. Some major projects like full master bath remodel with a lot of new Sheetrock and Hardie board which I used 2" and 21/4" screws on. The Rigid blew right through all that with flying colors.
I'm not a contractor, so I can't speak from that kind of use, but I grew up hanging Sheetrock and know that there is definitely a difference between around the home use and all day/every day use.
I would full recommend the Rigid "Fuego" 18v cordless drill for any medium type work and down. Again I can't evaluate it from a contractor perspective in terms of durability, but from my perspective, I will never buy another brand again.
The last thing I'll say about this tool and all my other Rigid tools (nail gun, reciprocating saw, 1/2 corded drill, sander) is the lifetime warranty. You MUST submit the warranty registration ASAP or you will miss out on the lifetime warranty. From the tools I listed above, the only non-rigid tool I have is my Skilsaw, and I will probably always use Skilsaw's because that's what I grew up with.
Aside from that, Rigid is my "Tool of Choice" and I have not been disappointed even once with any of them.
Things that I like about my Rigid Cordless Drill Fuego, model 86008 are:
1. Power/torque - plenty of power for any job I've needed it for.
2. Battery life - Aside from getting 3 batteries, the battery life itself is outstanding.
3. Balance/grip - Feels "right" in my hand and also has a nice LED light which I would rather it be close to the drill head and not the base, but it does serve its purpose, and as far as I can tell does not impact battery life.
4. Adjustable clutch - setting from 1-24.
5. "Chuckless" - I wasn't sure about this feature, but it sure does work well... Good bye chuck!!
6. Battery indicator - gives me a quick assessment whether I need to swap out the battery for my project.
7. This should probably be higher, but the belt clip is super durable. It works well with my tool bag.
8. Battery life. I know I said it before, but I can't say enough about this part of it. I had used the drill for a project that lasted a few hours. I put the cordless up but forgot to pop off the battery and charge it. 4 weeks later I needed it again and thought for sure that after being used and sitting in my garage for 4 weeks would have killed the battery. After my project and 4 weeks of sitting around, the battery was still 3 out of 4 lights!!! My Hitachi would have been dead as a doornail!
9. Lifetime warranty (If you register promptly)
10. Rigid name (I know it's Home Depot's brand, but I don't know who the manufacturer is) I've just come to trust this brand and like I said, when I need a new power tool, it is the first brand I go to. My next purchase will be a chop saw, and it too will be the Rigid brand.
A very satisfied DiYer
October 20, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by casias Replaced X2 drill with this. Absolutely love it.
As stated in the title, I had an x2 drill for many years. It was finally just destroyed. I was able to use my newly replaced Li-ion batteries (thank you Rigid for the wonderful lifetime replacement warranty). This drill is lighter and more compact, but still packs the same punch. I really like the belt clip also. Very handy.
i have been a rigid tool fan for many years. Having this drill just increases my loyalty to the company.
September 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by SRSid Rigid `18 V Cordless Drill
Drill has been my workhorse for years, while I have gone through 2 Ryobi's in the same time. I wish I had purchased two of these initially rather than wasting my money on Ryobi.
Battery life between charges is amazing too.
Thanks Rigid for such a good product.
April 3, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0Â by keith JUNK
bought drill May 15 2014 It broke on me by May 31. has been at the repair shop since.
Professional home improvement contractor
August 13, 2014