Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 167
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ucfknights90 Big upgrade over my 13 year old Rainbird
Lots of customization to get your setup optimized. Ability to associate to local weather station in order for it to automatically optimize based on local rain or lack there of. Took 30 min to instal and another's 20 min to define my zones. Nice to be able to trigger a specific zone from my phone while in my yard. Get email when it automatically adjusts to optimize based on season or weather changes.
June 24, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by bankm Average
1. You will have ability to control irrigation from smart phone.
1. Difficult to connect Wifi at the time of installation. I took me 30 mins to connect to Wifi after multiple iterations.
2. Needs lots of improvements in app, having trouble in finding features. Like 'Run Schedule' is inside 'Edit Watering Schedule ->Pick a date->Name(Water all Zones)->Run Schedule.'. It is good feature to run manually includes soak but hiding inside after 4 clicks. This feature should have been on initial page of the app and run the current day water schedule.
3. Rachio logo is too big on top of first page and then weather. Water Schedule and My Yard are down in the page always scroll down to check when the last run happened. My view is Racio logo can be small and move on top of banner and show important features(Watering Schedule and My Yard) on top of the page .
4. As Needed is very bad options, It is not as needed, It's monthly schedule. As needed option doesn't work based on hot temperatures. Temperature are so hot in last week of June but as needed option ran with a gap of 2 days. Now, my lawn is lack of water and damaged some areas. The way as needed works is, 2 days gap in June, 1 day gap in July, 2 days gap in August then it is not as needed. It is monthly schedule.
5. Rain Sensor: multiple times activated and deactivated even there is no rain. Annoying and it's not properly designed to work with sensors. I knew that rachio follows by Weather station report. Weather stations are not nearby to my location approx 18 to 25 miles, how can we really on weather report based on zip code(covers miles) and may not be accurate. They say it is not recommended to set local weather stations and it is unable to work properly based on rain sensor.
6. Bug, I have setup as needed but on June 30, It is showing me no next water schedule for 2 weeks. I'm surprised, I can see rain drop symbol for July Calendar
Overall: The only advantage of the product is you will have ability to control from smart phone, Otherwise it is waste of investment.
July 5, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Rick not too smart
need some work on the initial settings. Had to customize a nozzle.
August 26, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by russ I Love it!! I makes getting rid of solicitors so much fun.
This is a great controller unit. You can get deep into adjusting settings if you want to or you can go with the simple default settings. I am floating somewhere in the middle and fighting it a little on one zone.
Installation was very simple. I did have a question when hooking up my rain sensor, I knew I could have looked it up on their website, but decided try out their support team. They were great. Very friendly and very helpful.
I have not checked out their online support yet but I am hoping for some more information on the different setting and the different soil types.
July 6, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Marc Easy to install convenient
This is a great product. Installation is a snap. Performance is flawless. Unit seems totally reliable, compared to many other home automation platforms that are constantly failing to execute schedules. It is very convenient to have irrigation automatically adjust to the seasons and automatically skip after rain and to be able to rely on internet weather for this rather than home sensors that would have to be maintained. It is also great to be able to operate sprinklers from your cell phone to test without running back and forth to the garage, and to be able to suspend a station if you get a call from a neighbor that you have a leak while you are away.
May 25, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by angel Well designed and engineered watering solution
I installed the controller in about 10 minutes. It was easy to add to my wi-if network. I spent much longer programming each zone through the mobile app despite a fairly intuitive interface. It took longer because it accepts soil type, sun exposure, grade, vegetation and nozzle type for each zone and I have 14 zones.
I've had it running for about 2 months and I've left "climate intelligence" on for all zones. I'm impressed with the results, the sod areas are evenly green although the last two weeks have been hot and dry in my location.
I've never had a precipation sensor because I doubted one could accurately and reliably measure. The rain skip feature of the Rachio will likely save enough water to pay for this device within a year or two.
June 26, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RNashScuba Rachio IRO 16 zone easy to install and operate
We used this Rachio IRO 16 zone Sprinkler Controller to replace my two Orbit controllers to operate my 9 zones on two manifolds. It installed quickly, connected up to my wireless router and once past my MAC address security, operated very well. It took me two tries to get my two controllers programmed into the Rachio software downloaded on my Android phone because I wanted zones to run in a certain order. The software is not real easy, but after about 30 minutes of trials, I was able to change times, run zones automatically or manually and then ignore it. It has been operating for about 3 weeks and picks up the weather from a nearby airport and notifies me on my phone of the completed run or the decision to not water due to weather conditions. Very happy with the unit so far.
June 27, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by RonTinTex Great Product IF NOT using a well
Product works great but if youre using a well for water don't buy this until an option for a time delay between watering zones is available. This is very important and is standard on all most ALL higher end controllers. Without this feature very costly pump repairs are likely. I can't inagine why they have not addressed this with a firmware update. I'm having to manually control the app to water my 12 zones.
July 6, 2016