RectorSeal No. 5 pipe thread sealant is a soft-set, slow drying compound which seals, lubricates, and protects threaded pipe and fittings. It can be pressurized immediately for piping up through 2 in. and 100 psi (for natural gas, air and water only) and is ideal for application with a wide variety of fluids and gases, including potable water applications. Recommended for use on threaded galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, fiberglass reinforced and PVC pipe. For ABS and CPVC pipe, use RectorSeal T Plus 2 with PTFE.
- Helps seal, lubricate and protect pipe threads
- Use on metal PVC, CPVC, polyethylene and reinforced fiberglass pipe
- Ideal for a variety of fluids and gasses including potable water
- Offers pressurization for pipes up to 2 in.
- Soft setting and slow drying
- Conforms to TT-S-1732