Rated 3.2 out of 5 by 6
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ma2liv They don't stay up
I bought 5 and loved them at first. After installing the first couple, my husband got the hang of it and installation looked easy (adhesive). However, 4 have fallen down. We've tried re-sticking them to no avail. I emailed Home Depot for help but they didn't respond. Too bad because they looked like good quality and made the room look fabulous. If anybody has had luck installing them another way, I'd love to hear about it.
March 19, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by landlord in the master bedroom
I don't have a picture of this, but know that in master bedroom, we hung this blackout.
It had to be trimmed, and the online ordering did not send an inside mount. normally trimming is not an issue, but if you have a metal bracket at the top, it can be. check this before ordering.
length was fine for our window, but i did see better priced cellular shades on HD, except they were either sold out or not available in the desired length, and therefore, went with these.
I would recommend checking these out in a store, for quality, looks etc, before purchasing. I don't think the online image does any justice.
Being cordless, it is a nice touch!
July 9, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by 1257 Unhappy with purchase
I was very disappointed to receive the shade, have it installed and find out that it didn't have brackets, but was adhered to the window frame by adhesive. The shade itself was nice enough, but it wasn't what I thought I was purchasing. I purchased the shade online.
I went to Home Depot and with the help of customer service was able to order another shade with brackets and return the shade that I didn't want.
My overall experience with Home Depot is excellent.
September 2, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by v3ballman These shades are worth it!
I needed blackout shades. These shades cost less than half of "made-to-order" shades. Very easy to cut and install. I used a band saw, but any method you use to get a sharp,clean cut will work. Installation involved pressing the shade (the shade uses two-sided adhesive tape) into place. Works perfect and "blacks out" 95% of incoming light.
November 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Blinds44 A bit too springy, very good for the price,
- Looks to be made of paper and mylar, so very light weight (< 2 lbs). Looks good. No visible strings or holes!
- Excellent Price
- 100% light blocking.
- Takes some work to cut. Might want to buy a new knife w/ long blade.
- Cut width carefully -- or light will leak in around edges
- When you pull it down, it likes to spring back up 2-3 inches. Hard to keep it touching a window sill.
-- Maybe it'll wear in? (Our window height is 6" shorter than the max product length. May be better for shorter windows.)
- Bottom tends to lean away from window into room -- so important to get bottom to rest on window sill
- Opens easily, but you can't push it up too fast, be patient.
- Double-stick tape on top (full width). Must remove any wallpaper first. Should hold fine, considering 2 lb weight.
- Shipped fast (3 days) and free, double-boxed.
- One sight is neutral tan, the other is white (to reflect sun?)
May 11, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Cslater Wrong Product Shipped; Company Corrected
The shades I received were not the "blackout" shades, so the shade company sent me the correct ones. They do darken the room and are easy to install.
June 5, 2012