Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Farmgirl Answer to my prayers!
We had been looking for a way to re-new our front stairs and back sidewalk on our 1920's home. After many years of paint they were really looking bad.
First step was preparation. We used a Makita sander with a wire brush to remove as much of the old stuff as we could, then power washed it all down. Application of the Resurfacer was quick and easy.Clean up was a breeze with soap and water.
It looks awesome! You can no longer see any of the cracks, discolorations or chunks of missing concrete. Not sure how it will hold up through a few Nebraska winters, but right now we are loving it! The only comment I would add is make sure you have a clean surface and don't do it when it is too hot or windy as it dries relatively fast. And buy more than you think you will need, we figured on two gallons for one area, and actually ended up using closer to 6 with two coats.
July 26, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by 3D112 Concrete resufacer
Lasted one year and peeled. Seems like water was able to get behind it and loosened it. It is peeling off in large area's. Did however work very well over old pressure treated deck. Not good on concrete.
May 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lori Best product ever to completely renew your old wood decking
I am very pleased with the way this product worked for me. My expectations have been exceeded which rarely happens.
May 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by eve11 the best product on the market
i bought the product for my porch follow directions did two layers looks great with texture finished the porch the same day just in time for the holidays
November 13, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by cob755 Amazing
I have two large decks, one around my pool. Kids were getting splinters so I considered replacing boards with composite, but that was both expensive and a major project.
I saw this product at the store and decided to give it a shot last year on just the pool deck and see how it held up before doing the upper/larger deck.
- Completely filled all knots and splinters making the boards look very similar to a composite deck board. And best of all, no more splinters in bare feet.
- The non-skid type texture is great around the pool- no more slipping.
- Held up excellent through this past winter. Still looks the same as when I put it on.
- First coat requires a bunch of paint. I think their estimate on coverage per gallon is off. Second coat goes on alot easier and you get more coverage per gallon.
- I have 6" boards and used the small roller. Its tricky trying to avoid getting globs in the cracks. But after some practice it gets better. Keep a putty knife handy to get the product out of the cracks.
- Product remained a little tacky for quite a few days. (The stuff I purchased this year for the upper deck is drying alot better though) If you want to put furniture on it, I recommend waiting till its completely cured unless its a table that never moves. it will put indents in the paint unless its cured.
Bottom line is this stuff may not be perfect, but it holds up fantastic and makes your deck look like new.
May 5, 2013