Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 19
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by fbhalcon Easy to install and use. Not small parts that could get lost
Very Easy to install and use. This model does not have small parts that could get lost when installing the string.
April 8, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BillBristol This works as advertised; better than the manual feed system.
Here was my problem: With the original line feed system on my Ryobi (received it as a gift), I disliked the single line manual feed system. And the lines would break every 3 minutes.
I purchased this replacement unit and I give it 5 stars for the following reasons:
1. Installation onto the shaft, after reading the one page of instructions, was 10 seconds.
2. Install the correct screw bumper, 5 seconds. The instructions were very easy.
3. Watched the video here how to install the 20 feet of line supplied. The video could not be clearer and was spot on.
4. Fed the line into one side and had to confirm the “arrows” alignment on the other side with a bit of wiggling to push the line out the other side. Made both ends even.
5. Wound up the line into the spool. This was the only difficulty because with each wind, the spool has to be pushed in and then allowed out. This is how the “bump and feed” mechanism operates, so I was not frustrated with this.
6. Started it up and this new unit worked perfectly. No more manual line feeding.
7. I did use a grind wheel on my drill to sharpen the line cut off on the trimmer shield which made the bump ‘n feed operate much nicer.
Overall, this is a great replacement and I highly recommend it; although I have only had it a few hours.
August 6, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by MattB Didn't fit my 2011 EX26
Said it fit 2004 and later Ryobi trimmers but didn't fit my 2011 ex26, this bump feed has a bolt in it and mine has a hex nut.
Looks like a good product though.
March 5, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by campeck Universal head not universal
I have a Ryobi trimmer and this did not even fit it. You would think that it would at least fit the trimmers that are the same brand.
September 30, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Rom85 This is not the part listed on the Ryobi website.
I found the Reel Easy II on the Ryobi website as a possible replacement for my Ryobi weedeater head. It is a great head with a broad yellow cap that Home Depot videos show as easy to wind new cord onto. When I click on the link from the Ryobi website to buy it at the Home Depot website, I found a different part, with a red cap. Not the same part.
Get your act together.
August 6, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ghost123 exact fit and great value for the money
exact fit for my model easy to use and great value for money
August 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by HANDYMAN2U BETTER HEAD THAN ORIGINAL HEAD
This is much easier to load and use than the original head that came with the trimmer. I have used the echo brand since 1990 [last century] the heads wear out in about 3 to 5 years depending on how much it is used. I foresee this head to last longer than the unit. (May Out Last Me!)
December 5, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JCI25946 Better than original equipment
A Ryobi rep was in the store and demonstrated how to use the replacement string head. I feel that it is better than what came with the trimmer; but, there were problems. You are supposed to cut a piece of string approximately 20' and thread one end through the head and make the two ends of equal length and then rotating the head to wind the string. I spent 5-10 minutes to get the string threaded through the head. The string had just come off a spool and had a bend to it. I think if I could get the end I was putting through the head streight/ flat it might have ligned up better and faster. The string did not dispense as well as it was supposed to.
August 12, 2014