Rated 3.5 out of 5Â by 17
Rated 5 out of 5Â by BillBristol This works as advertised; better than the manual feed system.
Here was my problem: With the original line feed system on my Ryobi (received it as a gift), I disliked the single line manual feed system. And the lines would break every 3 minutes.
I purchased this replacement unit and I give it 5 stars for the following reasons:
1. Installation onto the shaft, after reading the one page of instructions, was 10 seconds.
2. Install the correct screw bumper, 5 seconds. The instructions were very easy.
3. Watched the video here how to install the 20 feet of line supplied. The video could not be clearer and was spot on.
4. Fed the line into one side and had to confirm the âarrowsâ alignment on the other side with a bit of wiggling to push the line out the other side. Made both ends even.
5. Wound up the line into the spool. This was the only difficulty because with each wind, the spool has to be pushed in and then allowed out. This is how the âbump and feedâ mechanism operates, so I was not frustrated with this.
6. Started it up and this new unit worked perfectly. No more manual line feeding.
7. I did use a grind wheel on my drill to sharpen the line cut off on the trimmer shield which made the bump ân feed operate much nicer.
Overall, this is a great replacement and I highly recommend it; although I have only had it a few hours.
August 6, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by HANDYMAN2U BETTER HEAD THAN ORIGINAL HEAD
This is much easier to load and use than the original head that came with the trimmer. I have used the echo brand since 1990 [last century] the heads wear out in about 3 to 5 years depending on how much it is used. I foresee this head to last longer than the unit. (May Out Last Me!)
December 5, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by campeck Universal head not universal
I have a Ryobi trimmer and this did not even fit it. You would think that it would at least fit the trimmers that are the same brand.
September 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by ghost123 exact fit and great value for the money
exact fit for my model easy to use and great value for money
August 27, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by Rom85 This is not the part listed on the Ryobi website.
I found the Reel Easy II on the Ryobi website as a possible replacement for my Ryobi weedeater head. It is a great head with a broad yellow cap that Home Depot videos show as easy to wind new cord onto. When I click on the link from the Ryobi website to buy it at the Home Depot website, I found a different part, with a red cap. Not the same part.
Get your act together.
August 6, 2014