Rated 3.4 out of 5 by 29
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Eddie trimmer head
the trimmer head wears to fast. but I do like the trimmer.
October 7, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by videoman49 E-Z To Install......Very E-Z!
Great replacement for my Ryobi 4 cycle gas powered "weed wacker." Supplied with components for straight or angled shafts. Takes literally minutes to uninstall your original string head with this replacement. Looks and designed like the original Ryobi product. Priced just right!
August 25, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ryan Very easy
If I had read the instructions and watched the video on how to wind it, I would have been a happy man. I chewed up line and chewed up the head. Once I watched the video I figured out that it works great!!
August 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BillC Heat up the line first
I bought this thing today and I took the line and micro waved it in water for three minutes to straighten it out. I wound it on the spool and it worked perfectly eliminating a lot if grief from my old trimmer head
August 23, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BillBristol This works as advertised; better than the manual feed system.
Here was my problem: With the original line feed system on my Ryobi (received it as a gift), I disliked the single line manual feed system. And the lines would break every 3 minutes.
I purchased this replacement unit and I give it 5 stars for the following reasons:
1. Installation onto the shaft, after reading the one page of instructions, was 10 seconds.
2. Install the correct screw bumper, 5 seconds. The instructions were very easy.
3. Watched the video here how to install the 20 feet of line supplied. The video could not be clearer and was spot on.
4. Fed the line into one side and had to confirm the “arrows” alignment on the other side with a bit of wiggling to push the line out the other side. Made both ends even.
5. Wound up the line into the spool. This was the only difficulty because with each wind, the spool has to be pushed in and then allowed out. This is how the “bump and feed” mechanism operates, so I was not frustrated with this.
6. Started it up and this new unit worked perfectly. No more manual line feeding.
7. I did use a grind wheel on my drill to sharpen the line cut off on the trimmer shield which made the bump ‘n feed operate much nicer.
Overall, this is a great replacement and I highly recommend it; although I have only had it a few hours.
August 6, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by noonespecial junk
does not feed string had to take it apart every time string broke
July 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by videoman49 Fantastic on Ryobi Gas Powered Trimmer
Due to our property layout, I replace the trimmer head every 2 years on my Ryobi 4 cycle straight trimmer. Works as good as or better than the original unit! FIVE STAR RATING!
July 19, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by ShaneG No stars would be better
Bought this trimmer head and all it did was unwind. Wound it both directions and just unwinds.
July 21, 2015