Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 20
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Xbirdog BE CAREFUL!
I bought a similar Samsung refrigerator (#RS263, 25.5 cu ft) and totally loved it until it stopped being cold in the refrig section. Samsung tech sent out - a $28 electronic defrost sensor part was out- after 18 months!! Really!? And not covered under the 5 year portion of the refrigeration warranty so had to pay $220 labor charge. Oh- but I was told the part would last longer than the orig part ?!
I will not be buying any appliance from Samsung in the future - they are an electronics company and an electronic sensor goes out after 18 months and their customer service really didn't care- no response after 3 emails except now I am on their email mailing list. ARGHHHH.
June 18, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jimbo 1 Tray of ice every 2.25 hours.
Overall, I liked this refrigerator, until - six months in, ice maker failed. Afterward, we noticed that the amount of ice was always insufficient. Tech advised that the ice-maker will only make one tray of ice every 2 hours 15 minutes. If you have a family of 4 - be prepared to buy a lot of bags of ice to supplement this ice-maker.
We never had a shortage of ice until this multi-faceted repair ride began!
July 6, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kofender Great Refrigerator (with a couple of caveats)
This is a great refrigerator with plenty of features. It runs efficiently and it is mostly very quiet. Its operation is just about ideal, but there are a couple of caveats.
1. The ice maker can be very noisy as its churning out the cubes and refilling. This only lasts about 30 seconds and it's easy to ignore (but the first few times it happens you're going to be a little startled).
2. Don't use the crushed ice option if you can avoid it. It tears out the insulation around the ice maker and you get big, dark gray chunks of foam along with your crushed ice. I mentioned this to Samsung and was told there's nothing to be done (I'm being sent a new ice bin but the problem is probably going to stay the same I was told). So stick to cubes and you won't get those chunks of foam in your glass.
Really, this is a good refrigerator and I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. I've noticed lately Samsung is the manufacturer to beat, having now upgraded to a Samsung washer,dryer, range, computer monitor, and television (in addition to this refrigerator).
October 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Steph Love this refrigerator
I got free delivery and installation and the delivery guys were awesome and did a great job. I love having a nice large area for my food with lots of shelves and drawers.
November 4, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by cprich pretty good
Got this for work. Fridge came in yesterday but didn't look like the one pictured. The door handles which i thought were going to be straight and not curved were in fact curved like most other refrigerators. but other than that it was what I expected. Nice white finish and led lighting. And FYI no touch screen, just 4 touch sensitive buttons. in case it isn't mentioned.
July 30, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Trin Good Fridge
It's a very nice refrigerator, and has performed exceptionally well thus far. I would recommend to anyone looking for a new side-by-side fridge. I like the touch screen panel on the front, but it would be nice if everything light up -vs- just pieces.
July 23, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by KnoxvilleBuyer A very good refrigerator
The fridge is spacious, affordable, and quiet during operation. The freezer space is really nice, and we make good use of the narrow space on the side of the ice maker: it's great. We have had our fridge for about 8 months now.
Here are my (small) gripes. These don't undo my decision, but it's stuff to take note of when you're comparing refrigerators in the store:
- The LED lighting system is about 20% "darker" than I'd like it to be. You can still see stuff on the bottom shelf, but it's dimmer than it was for our old fridge, which had incandescent lighting.
- I wish the distinction between "Ice" and "Water" was more clear. There's only one spout on the freezer side - which in itself is fine. But there's only one, small, relatively dim blue LED that tells you if it's set to spit out cubes or water. The saving grace here is that it takes about 2 seconds to produce ice if it's on ice, so you have plenty of time to pull the glass away and press the button for Water if it wasn't set to what you wanted.
- There is no easy way to reach in and grab ice cubes with your hand. I know, I know, this is unsanitary and all that. But sometimes (e.g., filling water bottles), it's so darned convenient to just reach in, grab a few ice cubes, and drop them in a bottle. But with this, you have to slide out the ice container about 6 inches and open the thing up.
Again, those are relatively small gripes. We like how quiet it is, and it's very energy efficient. I would recommend it.
December 11, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Karen WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT AGAIN!!
Almost a week and still waiting for service. So frustrated with Samsung service repair dept., I will never buy this product again. After contacting them 3 times by live chat, 3 times by phone, 2 people could barely speak English and I still have no idea when we get service. I contacted the company that was originally assigned our repair said he no longer will work with Samsung on warranty issues. When I expressed my concern about my food thawing out and we can't cook it because the fridge doesn't work to store it, she said, "well can't you use another refrigerator." Like really, because I just have refrigerators sitting around!! We have our food sitting in coolers and it is 80 degrees outside, guess that food will get thrown out too..I WILL NEVER BUY ANY PRODUCT OF SAMSUNGS AGAIN!!
June 8, 2015