Rated 4.7 out of 5Â by 81
Rated 3 out of 5Â by Lulu Highly rated exceeds industry standards!
Quality appeared good conumer reports highly recommends this model however the turn lever on outside of front door protruded so far exterior storm could not close. Returned this model & purchased schlage flat mount digital keyless lock, so far so good!
October 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5Â by Dennis Good lock if you have a lot of batteries
I love the concept and function of this lock. The system works great. I can give a different code for up to about 17 different people if I want. The one problem it has and I consider it a major flaw, is the battery only lasts 8-10 weeks. It may be even less in the winter. I even put a thin piece of leather between the battery and the case for insulation, thinking it may help in cold weather but batteries just don't last very long. I would still recommend it based on function.
July 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 Reasonable Value for its Price
+ Installation for the door lock is pretty easy, as long as you have properly sized holes in your door
+ Lock works as described
+ Easy to program using instructions provided
+ Construction seems fairly solid
+ Seems more secure than a typical household grade deadbolt
- If you are upgrading an existing deadbolt, beware - this may not fit
- Required substantial work to replace an existing Kwickset deadbolt (both of the holes in the door needed to be larger)
- If you have a doorknob plus a deadbolt, check the clearance between them carefully - this lock may overlap the doorknob
- Limited to four digit access codes only (I much prefer five digits or more)
- Better than average, but still household grade security (does not look like it would stand up to 4-5 whacks with a good sized hammer, but neither would a window)
September 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by summitskier convenience and reliability
I bought one of these last year because I rent a room in my house and was tired of hassling with keys. Now no one has to carry a house key and everyone has their own code (upto 19). I liked it so much I put another one on my other rental home this week. Now I don't have the hassle of rekeying locks when the renter moves out--just delete the codes and put in new ones. It gets sub-zero up here and it has always worked flawlessly. I looked at other brands and I liked this one the best.
October 31, 2009
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Lazar Best Deadbolt ever
I replaced the door and had this one installed, the wife loves it. No need to fumble for keys. It was great that Home Depot re-keyed at no cost.
June 17, 2014