Rated 3.4 out of 5 by 8
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by austinlightpollution Extremely clever camera
This cam is one to catch That unsuspected person in the home made to look like a motion detector but records video. Only bad thing is no nighttime use due to a lack of ir LEDs but I feel that could be incorporated into the sensor itself to make it day and night camera so none of the action is missed
Uses. See who is stealing cookies out of the jar a thief would not recognize it
February 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Aayan Quick and easy solution for home surveillance
This camera blends well with my existing motion sensors. Apparently, as long as you don’t know, there is no way you can tell if it’s a motion triggered camera or motion sensor only. There isn’t much involved mounting the camera on the wall, just 2 drywall screws hold the camera in place, connect the USB in the back of the camera and plug it in the wall. To give it a nice clean appearance, I ran the cable through the dry wall. The power cable is 116” long so I had no trouble fishing it.
Operation of the camera is so simple that even my 5 year old can activate before leaving home. Everything is controlled using the tiny remote. We mounted it in our living room to cover the kitchen area, walk way and basement door. Captured videos are clear and can be viewed through a computer. The best feature of the camera is on-demand recording by pressing a button on the remote and that can be very handy in many situations. There is no maintenance involved for the camera other than moving/removing recorded files from the SD card. It’s a quick and easy solution to add video surveillance to a home security and I recommend it.
October 27, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MomtheBuilder Not Great
Well, it's a good idea. But not very practical. The power cord is too short to reach an outlet. The construction is on the cheap side. Once you have it up on the ceiling/wall it's fine and doesn't matter that it's cheaply made. However, it records 1 minute increments onto an SD card, and will not re-record over existing footage; if you have it in a high-traffic area and set it to record when it senses motion, it fills up the SD card quickly with footage. Maybe there's a way to change that setting, but if there is, the instructions were too complicated for me to figure it out. Then you need to take the SD card out, delete the footage on your computer, and reinsert the SD card. Too much work for me. I just want it to run in the background and not think about it unless something happens that I need to review the footage for. I like the stickers that came with it warning of a surveillance system, though. They might be a better deterrent than the unit itself. It's also only for inside use.
January 3, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by thebighash Good product but not great yet..
This is a good hidden security camera with motion sensor. It works as explained but I see room for improvement.
1. Easy to use & operate. The remote control is very useful. You have the arm button, disarm button, emergency recording button, and stop recording button. When armed, it records for 1 minute after detecting motion, it continues longer if motion is still detected. When you press the emergency recording button it will keep going until you stop it (may have a limit but I didn't reach it). The disarm button & stop recording button are self-explanatory.
2. Beeps & lights let you know what's going on. It beeps when you arm, when you disarm, it gives a unique beep and blue light after you disarm and a new video is available, etc.
3. Instructions are clear and easy to understand. Available in English & Spanish.
4. Looks nice, compact & clean. Blends in nicely with other wall mounted security & non-security items. One would think this is a normal motion sensor and cannot easily tell that it has a camera. The wires & red light may give that away though.
5. Customer service is excellent. Feel free to call the 800 number for assistance or to ask questions!
6. Once mounted you can easily adjust using the swivel mount.
7. Comes with 4GB SD card although the description says it does not! Nice surprise.
1. Requires continuous 120V AC supply. Has no backup battery. If you unplug it for 1 second the date goes back to 1/1/1980. If you lose power it does not work. You have to run the wire through the wall for a clean installation and to use this for security purpose. I will run the wire inside the wall after I decide that this is the right mounting location.
2. Video quality in low light is poor. I posted 2 pictures in two different lighting conditions. One with a bright 150W ceiling light and one with 40W lamp. I tried it with a 25W lamp and you cannot recognize someone's face walking 5 ft away from the camera.
3. You cannot disable the red light that lights up while recording, which will attract attention to the unit. In case of a robbery I suspect that the robber may see the red light and remove/destroy the unit.
4. No audio recording. Just video.
I posted some photos, check them out!
Thumbs-up if you find this review helpful!
November 17, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by MarilynB Good idea, but not for me
For such a simple device, it should be easier to configure. It's a cute idea, but I would not rely on this camera to capture any important events - especially if you have power interruptions frequently, as we do. When the power is interrupted for a second, the time gets reset and it does not record. I found the operation of this device more of a hassle than when I configured our 8 camera surveillance system. It is difficult to remember the meaning of all the different beeps and lights. The manual could be made a bit clearer - for instance, it tells you to "press and release the 'study' button" to add the remote control --but it doesn't mention that there is no "button", there is a hole on the back. Even using the pin included, it is difficult to search in the hole to find the button.
It is annoying that I have no idea if it is recording unless I remove it and hook it up to the pc - the lights indicated it was recording for a day, but the card was empty when I checked it. I was also disappointed that there is no sound in the video. I don't like that it has an 8 second delay before it records - I've come in the door and passed the unit many times and it never recorded me entering the house. The clips are .avi files, but for some reason, Windows Media Player will not read some of them.
I only recommend this product as a "fun" item, and the camera may be fine if you have no other security system and don't have to rely on capturing an important event. For me, it is too much of a hassle constantly setting the time and having to keep checking the SD to see if it is working. The only thing that impressed me was the remote (it is cute!), and that there was a 4GB SD included.
December 2, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PetOwner This camera functions nicely, (1 beep = on & 2 beeps = off) just like a car.
I got this camera to spy on my three puppies to find out which one of them is peeing in the house, so the need to be discrete was not necessary. I set the camera up focusing on their favorite watering corner and “bam!” It Works great for purposes like that, but if you need the camera to observe a person then you’ll probably want a wireless camera.
Yes I do recommend the product.
February 2, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by ArnoldMo1977 it's ok, not the best
It records when it wants to, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it didn't have sound either. I don't plan on keeping this unit. I'm looking for something better. Not worth $119.00 that's for sure.
March 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by paulawill2 You can't tell it's a camera too
It was so easy to install and operate! The remote control turns the camera on and off as needed. Even a quick button if there's an emergency. My dogs don't trigger the motion sensor which is a great feature. It also is adaptable to the other security products from Securityman. Making me feel safe!
October 22, 2014