Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 20
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Hostalady Decent product
This greenhouse took 3 people 2 days to assemble; day 1 was 6 hours of frame assembly, day 2 was about 4 hours of fixing any frame mistakes (and there were some, due to the fact that the instructions were only pictures) and putting on the cover. Pay very very careful attention to the tiny pictures in the instructions, and assume that you will need 4 people and about 8-10 hours to get this completed. Once up, you WILL NEED to buy extra anchors and pipe for the short ends; if not weighted down, they will allow serious air flow, heat loss, and will allow rain and snow into the structure. Since I knew most of this going into the project, thanks to the other reviews, I allowed for extra time, and planned to have extra materials on hand, but this was still a much bigger project than anticipated. I recommend buying longer bungee straps to hold up the long sides, as you only have two options with those - up or down.
April 7, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 1jgm Great Product
Assembly directions are a little vague. Directions call for 2hr assembly time plan on spending 4-5 hours. So far so good can't wait to see how it does this winter.
June 2, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kenny Growit/ShelterLogic 20x10x8 Greenhouse in a Box - This is the best way to go ... hands down!
I am glad that I purchased this from Home Depot instead of another website. Reasons why:
1) It's a very heavy box
2) Free shipping to the store of my choice, which also secures it from being stolen if it gets delivered to your doorstep while you are away from home.
3) There were a few small bolts and similar pieces missing, so I went back to the store and they quickly found/made replacement pieces for free (made it easy!)
4) In the case you find that you are not as satisfied with this product as I have been, then you can return the product to the store without having to pay return shipping, as you would with an online-only vendor.
ON TO THE DETAILED REVIEW:
I had two people: myself and my brother. It took us roughly 5 hours to put together, and the whole process was fairly straight forward. All pipes are number-coded, so it makes it easy to lay everything out in organized piles, thus making it easier to find all your pieces when needed. The instructions are ENTIRELY photographic. This made a few moments during assembly a little confusing, but a little critical thinking kept us pushing through on the right path (The ShelterLogic's customer service number is posted on the instructions in case you get confused). We carefully measured the frame to be the exact dimensions, as the instructions pictured, and anchored them down in order to make sure the next step of putting the cover on would go smoothly. Looking at the instructions several times, having everything organized and accounted for, slow and patient thinking will bring this greenhouse to life!
The frame is extremely sturdy, especially compared to my previous pvc frame that collapsed from a small snow storm. The steel pipes have a beautiful light grey, smooth finish, and are actually 1.25" diameter instead of 1 3/8" - still sturdy enough that I can hang from the frame like a monkey with no question of it collapsing (150 pounds here). We went back through the frame and tightened all the nuts with a socket wrench - this is crucial in my opinion. the plastic was simple enough to put on - I would say it helps to have quick help from a 3rd person at this stage, just to ensure nothing snags.
The plastic cover is very, very nice. It has cross-threading, which helps prevent ripping, and it is quite thick, yet it lets through a superb amount of sunlight. As long as the frame is measured and anchored to the correct dimensions at the base, then the plastic will fit perfectly.
Things that I believe could be improved upon:
1) More pipes for the rear and front panels (there is a slot on the bottom of each plastic panel where pipe is able to go, but they really should include some piping to go in these.... I can't imagine why they didn't include some pipes for it ..... I had extra pvc laying around that I slid into the slots and it is great now)
2) A little more detail in the instructions.... some written verbiage here and there would be nice.
3) The ShelterLogic company really needs to double check that they have included everything needed - I was missing a few anchoring bolts and a piece of the anchoring cables - luckily Home Depot was able to provide these for free in a pinch, but it was annoying to have to go back up to the store.
1) VERY sturdy
2) GREAT plastic (would have cost just as much to buy this grade of plastic separately from a greenhouse supplier, as what I paid for the entire greenhouse kit from Home Depot.
3) From shopping around, this is the best bang for the buck, hands down, even compared to building my own and buying building supplies - just buy this - GREAT VALUE
4) VERY organized construction process - thank you ShelterLogic for putting time into making this a feasible project for 2 people to pull-off in a few hours.
1) Missing pieces - most likely doesn't happen in all kits
2) Needs additional pipes for the rear and front plastic panels to weigh them down
3) Needs a little more written detail in the instruction manual
March 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by FarmerDan Impressed!
I am quite happy with this product. I price out a DIY with PVC and other parts to be about $300, this was $400 with no planning, cutting, or much thinking required. Directions kind of suck, but if you have half a brain you'll figure it out. Definitely a 2 person job. Took us about 3 hours to build. Shortly after construction and anchoring we had 50-65 mph gusts of wind which, it withstood with a little leaning, but no damage. Stays warm, tough woven cover. Only comes with 4 heavy corner anchors, I bought 6 large stake anchors for the middle arches. Front an back panels needed weight to hold down better to the ground (wind blows through without weight), I used some 3/4" steel pipe I have laying around.
March 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Halka Great price and value
I love this green house no problems at all so far. It was very hard, still not done, to stretch the outter shell 8" from the ground. I felt it would rip if I was even able to go further. However, while putting it up we did think it was going to be too loose but once all of components came together it is very steardy. I fit in there 2 10X3 and 2 7X3 raised garden beds with a little space in between and it looks great and still very spacious.
One possible issue I noticed, there were no pipes or assembly directions for the front and the back walls of the greenhouse as there were for the sides. But nothing that couldn't be easily fixed
April 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lisa Excellent buy
I bought this because I could not afford one of the more permanent kind of greenhouse. I am very glad I did. First do not let the fact that it comes in a smaller then expected box freak you out (it did me). It is just really well packed. I do have some suggestions to make your job easier..... First sort all the pieces into like piles including the screws, and use a paper with the number of the part written in black magic marker so that you can see it from a distance. Be sure not to put the piles in your work area. This might sound like an obvious first step but I cannot believe the time it saved me. The job takes about 4 hours from start to finish with two people. Putting the frame up is the easiest part and getting the canvas just right takes some time and adjusting.
March 11, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Palm Very good for growing palm trees
I purchased my green house to grow palm trees in and it has worked very well for me. I have had it up in full sun, lots of snow, for 4 years now and the cover is just starting to show some wear. I am going to see if shelter logic will sell me a replacement cover. I also plan on buying green house number 2, my palm trees and I love it.
January 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Issa Great deal for your money!!
This greenhouse is easy to set up and comes with everything you need. Took me a few hours build but after its a high quality hothouse.
January 14, 2014