Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) are an effective means of preventing sever electrical shock. GFCI's are installed to protect areas of the home, such as the kitchen, bathroom or laundry, where electrical appliance or products may come into contact with water. To protect equipment from damaging ground faults, Siemens GFCI's continuously monitor the difference in current between the hot and neutral conductors. If the electricity going to an outlet equals the current coming back from the outlet, the GFCI is dormant. If the electricity going to an outlet is greater than 5 mA than the current coming back from the outlet, the GFCI will open the circuit to stop of flow of electricity.
- Suitable for a variety of construction applications: spas, hot tubs, kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
- 240 VAC rated
- Resists false tripping (shielded to prevent RF interference)
- Standard 1 inch per pole format with plug-in design
- Provides Class A 5mA GFCI protection
- Intended for personnel protection, de-energizes the circuit for all ungrounded conductors of the circuit
- Learn More About Circuit Breakers Here in our Buying Guide.
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs