Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 11
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Pchag Color not fully mixed
Will never use this again. Every tube started fine but approx halfway through the color was not mixed I would get white and sandstone caulk - as a result my pool caulk looks terrible, will likely have to remove and re caulk with a better product.
September 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by hhggzz Easy to Use - Prep is important
As others have written, you really need to do your prep work before using a self leveling crack filler like this. You must clean everything and then truly fill in all the potential leakage paths under the crack. In my application, I sealed up the expansion joint area between a concrete slab and the stucco on the side of my home.
The expansion joint was fibrous so I caulked first down in the crack to make sure the Silkaflex wouldn't leak down below and go to waste.
When the job was completely done, it looked great. While wet, the cleanup was easy, a was able to wipe up "mistakes" with a rag and then get rid of the residue with paint thinner.
As someone else has written, the folks at home depot are a little too rough with this stuff in transit or in the store. There were several damaged tubes in stock at the store. They had various kinds of leaks that had dried. I had to pick through the stock to find four clean, un-damaged tubes of product. In fact, there were so many trashed tubes in my local HD that they can't possibly make money on this product.
October 12, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JCo Cracked after 4 months
Our pool builder had his mastic subcontractor use this stuff on our brand new swimming pool. It started to pull away after 4 months. Now we get to hire a contractor to do it the right way with superior products (Deck-O-Seal). One more reason to research your pool builder and its subs PRIOR to signing a contract.
September 18, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ron Great Product
Sika products are superior. A little thicker than others, making it harder getting it out of the tube, but well worth it. Flows out very well, then skins over fast to hold in place. Lowes sells Quickrete brand a little cheaper, but not near as good. Their brand is really runny, and takes forever to skin over. It runs, and runs, and runs..........
July 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mlcreature Great at self leveling
Have used multiple times. Highly recommend sandstone color over gray. Blends better once dirtied a bit. It's warmer, the gray is very cold and bright. Looks fantasic if you sprinkle sand on while still went, in an even sweeping motion from a cup. Very forgiving. Recommend sand as backer, better free float for bottom of sealant for better stretch in extreme weather.
June 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wardy Great Product! Really seals large horizontal gaps!
To use this product, it is all about the preparation.
1. Utilize Youtube to review the proper application of this product. Read the instructions.
2. Make sure to clean out and backfill all of the gaps that this product will be filling.
3. Use the 3/4" grey foam tubing or sand to fill the gaps.
(Note: You do not want to see any holes in the gap or the product (after backfilling) will find its way into them. The final result will show a funnel hole after the product sets up (dries).)
4. Cut the tip off the product and make sure to poke a hole inside the tips to break the seal that will allow the product to flow.
5. Be careful not to get this liquid rubberized product onto your hands. Hard to clean off hands.
6. Be careful to aim the tip into the gap with squeezing the caulk gun trigger. Keep the tip aligned with the concrete gap at all times. Do not allow the product to spill onto the concrete outside the gap. It will be difficult to clean off.
7. Apply the product to small area initially to get a feel for how the product self levels. You will be able to determine the correct amount of sealant after doing this step.
8. Once the sealant is applied into the gap, go back an add more sealant as necessary while still wet.
9. Once the product dries or sets-up, you can go back to the gaps to add more sealant but it will be slightly noticeable after the job is complete.
10. Good Luck! :) I hope the steps above are helpful and not confusing.
June 27, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MocMan Terrible packaging
The packaging on this product is extremely poor and was defective on both of my tubes of caulk. The tube leaked from the rear on both and made a terrible mess. It is almost impossible to clean up off of your clothes and the driveway. I would stay away from the 29oz size for sure unless you want to spend a couples hours cleaning up the mess and ruining your clothes.
July 27, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 91Aggie Excellent Product!
Perfect for sealing concrete seams in driveways and sidewalks. Durable, flexible, excellent adhesion, and looks great vs those old joint boards in concrete seams. No more weeds growing out of your driveway! Dries to a hard yet flexible rubber type material.
If you notice concrete seams in city sidewalks and parking lots this is what you will often see used. Long lasting and very durable. Seals the moisture from getting thru seams and damaging concrete over time.
September 2, 2013