Simpson Strong-Tie straps and plates join and reinforce joints with simple, versatile solutions for a wide range of connections. Available in many lengths, widths and thicknesses, straps can be used on the wide or narrow face of lumber for light repairs or heavy-duty projects. Many straps are designed to be used back-to-back on a piece of lumber without fastener interference. The CTS218 is designed to repair wood members such as top plates, studs and trusses and is our first strap that handles both tension and compression loads. The unique rolled edges of the strap allow it to span gaps as wide as 4-1/2 in. and its 1-1/2 in. width enables installation on the narrow face of 2x lumber.
- Tested specifically for top/bottom plate repair with various multi-strap configurations
- 1-Sided installations - install 1 or 2 CTS straps on the same side of the member
- 2-Sided installation - install CTS straps on opposite sides of member
- For 3-part installations, install 2 parts on one side, one part on opposite side
- Made from 14-Gauge steel
- Galvanized for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with 10d x 1-1/2 in. nails or #9 x 1-1/2 in. strong-drive SD screws