Joist hangers are designed to provide support underneath the joist, rafter or beam to provide a strong a connection. Simpson Strong-Tie offers a diverse line of hangers to handle almost any application with top flange, concealed flange and field skewable and slopeable options. MIT Top Flange I-joist Hangers meet the unique needs of I-joists while offering superior performance and ease of installation.
- Positive angle nailing (PAN) minimizes splitting of the flanges while permitting time-saving nailing from a better angle
- With positive angle nailing, the nail hole material is not removed
- Actual joist size: 2-1/2 in. to 2-9/16 in. x 16 in.
- Made from 16-Gauge steel
- Galvanized for extra corrosion resistance
- Install with 16d common nails in the header and 10d x 1-1/2 in. nails in the joist