The EPB44 welded base embeds in wet concrete at time of pour and supports a 4 in. x 4 in. post. This connector was designed to help resist uplift forces.
- Gives the code required 1 in. standoff when properly installed
- Extra nail holes may be filled for extra strength
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Install with (8) 16d common nails or #10 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws