The PB base embeds in wet concrete after pour and is made to install flush with the concrete surface. This product gives strong uplift and lateral load to the post connection. Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- The embossment in the seat of the base gives increased strength
- Stress relief holes under the base resist tearing during loading
- Nominal post size: 6 in. x 6 in.
- Made from 12 Gauge steel
- Z-Max galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with (12) 16d common nails or (2) 1/2 in. diameter machine bolts