Durable, lead-free brass is an excellent choice, with all barbs manufactured to highest quality standards and tolerances. Lead-free brass is not more than a weighted average of 0.25% lead when used with respect to the wetted surfaces of pipes and pipe and plumbing fittings and fixtures. Barb fittings can be used with most soft plastic tubing.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Hose barb fittings can be used with any tubing soft enough to accept a clamp style connection, including vinyl and rubber
- A non-petroleum lubricant may be used to assist with inserting the fitting in to the tubing
- Working pressure is 150 psi
- Not for underground use
- Do not exceed recommended pressure rating of the tubing used
- Barb fitting is easy to use for both contractors and the do-it-yourselfer