Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 5
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Mike1337 Does not work with Homelink built-in car remotes
- Opener works as advertised
- Assembly/installation is no better or worse than any other model I've used
- Added security feature that allows you to lock out functionality during pre-set hours (e.g. 1 - 5:30 a.m.) is a nice touch
- Able to program everything right from the wall panel -- no ladders
- Fairly quiet for a chain-driven GDO
- Is NOT compatible with Homelink garage door openers that come built-in to many cars. This alone was a deal breaker for me
- Very slow to open/close
- Shuttle and bracket assembly is plastic -- I worry about it getting brittle and snapping in severe cold weather/over time
February 22, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PINKYT good stuff.
GREAT OPENER. VERY QUIET. GOOD QUALITY MATERIALS. ONLY DOWNSIDE WAS NO MOUNT BRACKETS CAME WITH IT. HAD TO GO & PURCHASE A $30 CHAMBERLAIN MOUNT KIT FOR THE MOTOR. ALL COMPONENTS WORK WELL. NO PROBLEMS SO FAR. HOPE THIS UNIT LASTS FOREVER. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. ++++
November 6, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KennyC Really Quiet!!! Good Value
This is a replacement to my 10-year old Chamberlain. I have a living room above my garage and I was looking for something that is quiet. Got this opener and got it installed in about 2 hours, pretty straight forward and instructions are clear. Here is the surprise, when I first start it up, I was amazed by how quiet it is, it is not a belt drive, cause I prefer something that is more durable, but I think it is as quiet as it can get. The rest are pretty standard, remote control works well, I can program everything by the wall console, so no need to climb up again. Very satisfied overall with this purchase.
May 7, 2012
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Cope Great opener
The best opener I have ever owned. Super quite, easy to install. I have owned many other openers over the years and this is the best by far. I am 66 years old, if I can install it anyone can.
November 13, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by WartHog Satisfactory product
You may have to buy some additional mounting hardware and a reinforcement kit for your door to complete the door opener installation. I think it can be a little tricky to adjust chain tension because there is a tendency to twist the cable while turning the turnbuckle. In any case, I'm satisfied with the performance of this product and I've had no problems during the few weeks it's been used. I am however annoyed by the fact that Skylink will not sell the simple two-button keychain remote unit like the ones that come with the door opener as a separate product - they want you to buy their forty dollar four-button unit instead. I doubt most people need the two buttons on the unit that comes with the door opener much less one with four buttons.
December 18, 2012