For 20 years, Southwest Windpower, based in Flagstaff, Arizona, has brought low-cost, reliable, clean energy to the world. As the world's largest producer of small wind generators, we've pioneered new technologies to make renewable energy simple. Whisper 200 provides dependable energy for remote homes, telecommunications sites and rural applications in moderate to extreme environments. Reliable operation by thousands of customers makes Whisper 200 the top selling small wind turbine in its class. Assuming a 12 mph average wind, a Whisper 200 will produce 200 kWh per month and 375 kWh per month at 18 mph.
- Whisper systems combine well with photovoltaic solar to build your own hybrid solar and wind system and generally, winter months provide more wind and less sunlight, while summer months provide more sunlight but less wind and a hybrid system using a Whisper wind generator provides year-round energy production
- A Whisper Charge Controller and diversion load is included with each system and optional digital display reads kWh production, battery voltage, max amps, max volts and actual amps
- Best for low to moderate wind areas
- Four-bearing spindle for smoother operation and longer life (20 years)
- Simple rewiring of alternator allows different voltages from the same turbine (12, 24, 36 or 48 VDC)
- Designed for use in Marine environments
- Amperage varies based on the voltage set up
- Made in the U.S.A.