Southwire Type SOOW Flexible Cords are permitted for use as specified by Article 400 and related articles of the NEC. Southwire Type SOOW Flexible Cords are designed for extra hard usage on industrial equipment, heavy tools, battery chargers, portable lights welding leads, marine dockside power, power extensions and mining applications.
- Southwire's type SOOW flexible cords are manufactured using bare flexible stranded class K copper conductors with a heat, moisture and oil resistant EPDM rubber insulation
- SOOW can also be used for special applications as outlined in NFPA 70 paragraph 501.140 class I division, 1 and 2 and paragraph 502.140 class II division 1 and 2 locations
- Continuous submersion in water
- Flexible stranding, flame and ozone resistant, black jacket. rated -40˚C to 90˚C, RoHS compliant, certified for indoor and outdoor use
- Insulated conductors are cabled with wax paper fillers, a tissue-paper separator is wrapped around the assembly to promote easy removal of the jacket
- A heat, moisture and oil resistant flexible jacket is extruded over the assembly to complete the construction
- Note: product may vary by store