Southwire submersible pump cable is a unjacketed twisted assembly of standard conductors that are rated for wet location use. Jacketed submersible pump cable is a parallel assembly of conductors rated for wet locations, covered by an extruded PVC jacket. Although jacketed assembly is similar to Type UF and other cables, is does not have to meet the performance requirements of these cable types.
- Pump cable is available in 3 or 4 conductors appropriate for the applications
- Number of conductors in a submersible pump cable is determined by the type of pump and whether a ground conductor is required
- Submersible pump cable is made with copper conductors
- Most common versions are made with copper conductors Nos.12 and 10 for pumps rated up to 5 horsepower at 240-Volt
- Note: product may vary by store
- Click to learn the factors you must consider when wiring your home