Model # 20506202

Internet #202316360

Store SKU #350911

Southwire 500 ft. 2/0 Black Stranded THHN Wire


500 ft. 2/0 Black Stranded THHN Wire

$102000 /each
store icon Loading Buying Options...
package icon Loading Buying Options...
Sorry, but we ran into issues loading these options. Please try refreshing.

Frequently Bought Together

Product Overview

The Southwire Company 500 ft. Black 2/0 Stranded THHN Cable is primarily used in conduit and cable trays for services, feeders and branch circuits in industrial or commercial applications as specified in the NEC2. It is rated at 600-Volt. It is also used as a conductor in NM-B, UF-B, SER, SEU and MC.

  • UL listed and CSA certified
  • Conductors are annealed (soft) copper and the jacket is abrasion, moisture, gasoline and oil resistant
  • Insulated with tough, heat and moisture-resistant PVC
  • Use in wet or dry locations at temperatures not to exceed 194˚F (90˚C) or not to exceed 167˚F (75˚C) when exposed to oil or coolant
  • Click to learn the factors you must consider when wiring your home



Product Depth (in.)
Product Height (in.)
Product Length (ft.)
500 ft
Product Width (in.)
Wire/Cable Length (ft.)


Allowable Ampacities
Not Specified
Cable/Wire Type
Commercial / Residential
Commercial / Residential
Conductor Gauge
Conductor Material
Direct Burial
Electrical Product Type
Single Conductor Electrical Wire
Flame Retardant
Number of Conductors
Outer Color
Stranded or Solid
Sunlight / UV Resistant
Wet Location Use
Wire Cut Type
Pre-Cut Length

Warranty / Certifications

Certifications and Listings
1-UL Listed,CSA Listed
Manufacturer Warranty

More Products With These Features


Customer Questions & Answers

What are the dimensions and wieght of this roll

Asked by: dave
The dimensions are 13.5"H x 19.75"W x 19.75"D. WEIGHT 231.00
Answered by: SouthwireCustomerService
Date published: 2017-07-18

I have a 50 foot run to a sub panel from my exterior panel. This will be going through my attic a...

I have a 50 foot run to a sub panel from my exterior panel. This will be going through my attic and in the correct PVC. My T.I.G. welder at 230 volts will draw a maximum of 120 Amps. What size and designation of wire would you recommend. Cost of wire is not as important as safety. I do not ever wish for the wire to heat up. Thank You.
Asked by: Hal
Consult NEC Article 630 for the rules regarding electrical welders. Specifically, the rules regarding the ampacity of supply conductors for arc welders is located in NEC 630.11. Our recommendation is to use the correct size as required per the NEC and while 50' is not considered a long run, you may want to up-size the conductors anyway to be certain that voltage drop is not an issue. Use either individual THHN/THWN or XHHW conductors in PVC conduit. The above advice is based upon the current edition of the National Electric Code (NEC). Free access to the latest version of the NEC is available online at The NEC and local building codes regulate the types of wire and cable that can be used in specific electrical applications, as well as the manner of installation. Check your local building codes before you start any wiring and cable electrical project and be sure to obtain required permits. When your work is complete, always have it inspected for compliance with local codes to ensure that it has been safely installed.
Answered by: SouthwireCustomerService
Date published: 2016-12-21

Good for 200 amp service?

I want to use this for a 200 amp service panel, and not sure about sunlight rating. 3 ft of it will be exposed to the elements. Is it o k to use?
Asked by: old
2/0 copper is approved for residential 200 amp service. If this is for a commercial 200 amp service you'll need to use 3/0 copper. Sunlight resistance is not an issue when using THHN in an overhead service.
Answered by: TomB2
Date published: 2016-08-19

100 AMP sub panel 120' run

installing electricity into my garage, underground from main to sub. what is recommended wire for this run?
Asked by: Randy
Assuming your garage is detached from the house, you'll need a 4-wire feeder. For a 100 amp feeder I'd use 3 - #3s and 1 - #8 ground all in conduit. If your subpanel has over 6 spaces you should buy a 100 amp main breaker panel as a disconnect is required. Do not install the neutral bonding screw in the panel, throw it away. Purchase and install a separate ground bar. The neutrals must be isolated from ground. Terminate all neutral conductors on the neutral bus and all ground conductors on the panel ground bar. You'll need to install at least 1 - 1/2" X 8' ground rod and connect it to the subpanel ground bar with #6 copper.
Answered by: TomB2
Date published: 2017-01-09
  • y_2017, m_8, d_22, h_11CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_1.0.0-hotfix-1
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_10
  • loc_, sid_202316360, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=NUM_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=BEST_ANSWER_FEEDBACK_COUNT, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=POSITIVE_ANSWER_FEEDBACK_COUNT, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=NUM_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_homedepot
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-3.1.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 101ms

Customer Reviews

  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-3.1.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 153ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;