Model # 20506299

Internet #204632782

Southwire (By-the-Foot) 2/0 Black Stranded CU THHN Wire


(By-the-Foot) 2/0 Black Stranded CU THHN Wire

  • Sold by the Foot
  • Add the Length Desired In Feet as Your Quantity and Add To Cart
$2.55 /feet

Frequently Bought Together

Product Overview

Southwire's THHN and THWN-2 is a multi-purpose building wire used in conduit and cable trays for service, feeders and branch circuits in commercial and industrial applications. It is also used as a conductor in NM-B, UF-B, SER, SEU and MC. Southwire's THHN is rated for 600-Volt and has a heat capacity of up to 90 Degree C.

Enter your desired electrical wire length in quantity box.




Warranty / Certifications

More Products With These Features


Customer Questions & Answers

I have a 50 foot run to a sub panel from my exterior panel. This will be going through my attic a...

I have a 50 foot run to a sub panel from my exterior panel. This will be going through my attic and in the correct PVC. My T.I.G. welder at 230 volts will draw a maximum of 120 Amps. What size and designation of wire would you recommend. Cost of wire is not as important as safety. I do not ever wish for the wire to heat up. Thank You.
Asked by: Hal
Consult NEC Article 630 for the rules regarding electrical welders. Specifically, the rules regarding the ampacity of supply conductors for arc welders is located in NEC 630.11. Our recommendation is to use the correct size as required per the NEC and while 50' is not considered a long run, you may want to up-size the conductors anyway to be certain that voltage drop is not an issue. Use either individual THHN/THWN or XHHW conductors in PVC conduit. The above advice is based upon the current edition of the National Electric Code (NEC). Free access to the latest version of the NEC is available online at The NEC and local building codes regulate the types of wire and cable that can be used in specific electrical applications, as well as the manner of installation. Check your local building codes before you start any wiring and cable electrical project and be sure to obtain required permits. When your work is complete, always have it inspected for compliance with local codes to ensure that it has been safely installed.
Answered by: SouthwireCustomerService
Date published: 2016-12-21

Good for 200 amp service?

I want to use this for a 200 amp service panel, and not sure about sunlight rating. 3 ft of it will be exposed to the elements. Is it o k to use?
Asked by: old
2/0 copper is approved for residential 200 amp service. If this is for a commercial 200 amp service you'll need to use 3/0 copper. Sunlight resistance is not an issue when using THHN in an overhead service.
Answered by: TomB2
Date published: 2016-08-19

100 AMP sub panel 120' run

installing electricity into my garage, underground from main to sub. what is recommended wire for this run?
Asked by: Randy
Assuming your garage is detached from the house, you'll need a 4-wire feeder. For a 100 amp feeder I'd use 3 - #3s and 1 - #8 ground all in conduit. If your subpanel has over 6 spaces you should buy a 100 amp main breaker panel as a disconnect is required. Do not install the neutral bonding screw in the panel, throw it away. Purchase and install a separate ground bar. The neutrals must be isolated from ground. Terminate all neutral conductors on the neutral bus and all ground conductors on the panel ground bar. You'll need to install at least 1 - 1/2" X 8' ground rod and connect it to the subpanel ground bar with #6 copper.
Answered by: TomB2
Date published: 2017-01-09

Is this the wire i need to hook up he power meter to my breaker box and if not then which one

I am hooking my power meter up to a new home and I'm not sure which of the wires listed that I need to use. I know that it goes from meter to breaker box and meter to power pole.
Asked by: Jessica
Assuming you are installing a residential 200 amp service (you don't say# you can use either 2/0 copper or 4/0 aluminum wire. THHN wire must be installed in conduit. The most common 200 amp service entrance installations are installed using 4/0-4/0-2/0 aluminum service entrance cable #SEU). Typically the 200 amp wiring between the power pole and the meter socket on the building is installed using 4/0-4/0-2/0 aluminum URD direct buried.
Answered by: TomB2
Date published: 2016-05-03
  • y_2017, m_3, d_20, h_14CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_1.0.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_8
  • loc_, sid_204632782, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=NUM_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=BEST_ANSWER_FEEDBACK_COUNT, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=POSITIVE_ANSWER_FEEDBACK_COUNT, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=NUM_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_homedepot
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-3.1.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 18ms

Customer Reviews

  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-3.1.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 33ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;