Made of solid hardwoods, our 4077 Newel Post can do double duty as a starting newel or landing newel. Use it as a starting newel at the bottom of a stair or on balconies, or use as a landing newel at stair landings where handrails change direction. It's 3-1/2 in. square base has a narrow profile, making it an ideal size to use on narrow stair systems. From stair treads, stair railing and a complete selection of Stair Parts, SureWood-LNL has what you need to make your stairs beautiful.
California residents: see Proposition 65 information
- Newel can be cut to fit most rail height requirements
- Use and starting newel or balcony newel
- Strengthens any stair system and acts as anchor of the handrail system
- Paint-grade poplar can be sanded and finished to match your decor
- Adds detail to your stair railing system