All staples are joined with an adhesive coating that holds the staple together, aids the staple in penetration and keeps it from withdrawing from the wood. Light wire staples are measured in thousandths and heavy wire staples are measured by gauge. Staple gauges range from 15 to 18 and the lengths range from 1/2 in. to 2-1/2 in. Both light wire and heavy wire staples are available in steel, coated, and stainless steel, and are typically classifi ed by the crown width. In some cases, staples are less expensive and may reduce material splitting as compared to nails.
- Compatible with Ace, Black & Decker, Craftsman, and Duo-Fast wide Crown tools
- For heavy duty stapling jobs such as insulation, carpet underlying and roofing felt
- Galvanized steel construction
- 3/8 in. leg x 1 in. crown
- Sturdy plastic case (included) reduces staple breakage and protects staples against the elements
- Color-coded for accurate identification