StarPro Centipede is our designer turf. The blades are two-tone (lawn green and beige-green) and have a natural tan component to the thatch layer which gives it a lighter and very natural appearance in the southern states. This turf heralds in a new generation of synthetic lawns that look like real grass. Realistic because it combines the old style turfs durability with two new innovations; a kinked monofilament thatch layer of textures nylon to support the blades and 1 3/4 In. tall blades of grass for a totally natural look. The turf looks like a thick freshly mowed natural lawn. No mowing, trimming, fertilizing or watering, ever! Centipede turf is UV stabilized. The backing is coated with polypropylene to add resilience and extra life. Infill (sand or tire particulate) is optional (1/2 in. - 1 in.), but adds blade support, softness and extended life. Drains 50 inches per hour. See On-line Installation Instructions. Rolls are 15 wide. 60 oz. Polyethylene/polypropylene. Minimum order: Quantity 2 (2 ft. x 15 ft. section of turf) Free Samples call 888-782-7776 (888-STARPRO)
- The centipede turf has two different color blades for an incredibly natural color and real look and is UV stabilized to keep it that way. The turf backing has a black polypropylene coating which stops weeds, adds strength and gives our turf extra life.
- The turf has a dense layer of kinked polypropylene monofilament that forms a thick thatch layer to support the blades and keeps them standing erect.
- Infill is not necessary, but 1/2 in. - 1 in. of sand or tire particulate is highly recommended because it increases the support of the blades, adds weight, softness and extends life. See On-line Installation Instructions.
- Turf is perforated to drain at 50 inches per hour. Orders are in increments of 1 ft. x 15 ft. Ex: If the order is "6 in., you will receive a single 6 ft. x 15 ft. strip of turf (90 sq. ft) not six individual one foot strips.
- This is a Custom Order - orders are sold in increments of 1 ft. To order: place order and set order quantity to the desired length (ft.) of your turf. EXAMPLE: if your order is for 10 ft. you will need to add a quantity of 10 to your cart and you will receive turf that is 10 ft. in length x stated width.