The Rye Grass is a great value turf known for its density, resiliency and durability, but not designed to look 100% natural. Used for batting cages and commercial applications. The 1.4 long blades or filaments are fibrillated (divided by raking) for great density. It has a thick layer of interwoven polypropylene filaments (thatch layer) that supports the blades and keeps them standing erect. Infill (sand or tire particulate) is optional (1/2 in. - 1 in.), but adds blade support, softness and extended life. Drains 50 inches per hour. See on-line Installation Instructions. Rolls are 15 wide. 48 oz. Polyethylene/polypropylene. Minimum order: Quantity 2 (2 ft. x 15 ft. section of turf).
- Rye blades are designed to have a tufted look and UV stabilized to keep that look for years and years. The turf backing has a black polypropylene coating which stops weeds, adds strength and gives our turf extra life.
- StarPro Rye has a dense layer of kinked polypropylene monofilament that forms a thatch layer to support the polyethylene blades and keeps them standing erect.
- Infill is not necessary, but 1/2 in. - 1 in. of sand or tire particulate is highly recommended because it increases the support of the blades, adds weight, softness, and extends life. See on-line Installation Instructions.
- Turf is perforated to drain at 50 inches per hour. Orders are in increments of 1 ft. x 15 ft. Ex: If the order Quantity is "6 in., you will receive a single 6 ft. x 15 ft. section of turf (90 sq. ft.) not six individual one foot strips.
- This is a Custom Order - orders are sold in increments of 1 ft. To order: place order and set order quantity to the desired length (ft.) of your turf. EXAMPLE: if your order is for 10 ft. you will need to add a quantity of 10 to your cart and you will receive turf that is 10 ft. in length x stated width.