Goof-Light Patch is designed to easily repair the damage around your recessed can lights which occurs when the installer mis cuts the opening. Each pack comes with 12 repair patches, which when overlapped will repair a variety of can light sizes. 3 to 8 inch lights. Simply make sure nothing is protruding. Wipe off the area to assure that the surface is clean and dust free. Peel off the Goof-Light Patch from the backing. Then Apply the first piece of Goof Light Patch over the top of the damaged area. Be sure to leave a small gap around the metal housing of the light. This gap will be covered by the lights trim ring. Be sure to press firmly outside of the damaged area to assure proper adhesion to the ceiling, and to allow the Goof Light Patch to conform to to the ceiling finish. Apply additional Goof Light Patches as needed in order to cover more significant damage. In order to repair a variety of recessed light sizes, simply overlap the Goof Light Patches around the edges until the area in need of repair is covered. If repairing around a smaller size recessed light, you can simply cut the Goof-Light Patch through the middle then overlap as needed. For a perfect match the edges of the patches can be skimmed.
- Goof-light patch will work on drywall, gypsum, plaster, and all other ceiling surfaces.
- Self adhesive lower surface, paint ready upper surface
- Feathered (un-even) edges blend into the surrounding wall surface
- No skills required, simply peel, stick and paint
- Repairs damage around 3 inch to 8 inch recessed can lights.
- Strong durable patented material is very thin, it is less than 1 tenth of a milimeter
- Not for popcorn, knockdown, or sanded finish.
- Made in USA Made in America US made