Rated 3.2 out of 5 by 25
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by browniecookie awesome
Inexpensive alternative to retiling a backsplash, although we still spent a few hundred dollars on 4 of the 12-packs. I'm impressed with how good and "real" these look, even up close. It took me a total of 8 hours to clean/degrease the existing backsplash and apply these to about 40 square feet of wall. I just did this yesterday, so I can't say how it will hold up yet.
February 26, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MikeV Nice tiles, fair price
Researched Peel and Stick tiles over a weekend. Went with least expensive option. Picked up 24 sheets for small project. Just wanted to update look of tired backsplash, I had painted 5 years ago. Picked up glue, store said would be a good idea for touch ups. Installed easy enough. Tougher to install in corners. Took patience. A little frustration making sure it was straight. Had to realign some tile because they were not. A little over 3 hours and I was done. 2 days later, corners of tiles I adjusted had lifted. Glued back on wall. Not a big deal. Decent investment considering the price. Wife Likes the final look. All that matters. Would do it again.
February 26, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ChrisB Instructions lacked needed helpful hints, but really pleased with end results!
Purchased and installed these stick-on tiles over the weekend. Looks great!!
A few struggles that I experienced that could have been avoided if the instructions were more thorough. Here's what you need to know:
* some earlier comments suggested using a spray-on adhesive. One dissatisfied commenter said they didnt' stick even with spray. Seems some had luck going this route and others didn't. I talked to Home Depot employee when I purchased and he suggested NOT using any other adhesive as it might counteract the adhesive built into the product. I took his advice.
* the texture of my walls did play a part in the installation I believe, that didn't allow the product to stick great in all places. I think these would works best with a completely smooth wall but honestly, who's walls don't have texture?
* The instructions inform you to caulk the seams but didn't stress how important this is to do shortly after installation. I waited until next day, and some of by seams along the cut edges started peeling away. Caulk right away!
* I bought caulk that is used with regular tiles so it looks and drys like tile grout. It has the gritty, heavier texture. I bought the gray and am very, very pleased with the look! Not only did adding the caulk hold down the outside edges (especially the cut edges), but it dryed and looked like grout making the entire project look more authentic.
* I ended up buying and using wall paper seam adhesive to tack down a few of the seams between the sheets that started to pull away by the next morning. Not sure if this was the best choice of adhesive product, but seems to be holding firm.
I would definately do this again!
May 19, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Patty Updates look
Product gives your bathroom an updated and modern look. Easy to use. Love the way it made my bathroom look
June 8, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by EarlP PLEASANTLY SURPRISED/LOOKS GREAT
My wife saw the product at a neighbor's apartment and wanted to try it in our kitchen after they said it was relatively easy. Purchased 2 large packs and 3 singles and sealant for borders. Installation actually went well and we have received many compliments. Pleasantly surprised.
February 24, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Tinica looks nice but wasnt so nice
Very easy to install looks really nice but I couldn't get it to stay on the wall!!
May 28, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Celeste Adhesive Decorative wall tike
It does not stick to walls. I put it on my bathroom walls the first part of November and it is coming down already.
December 10, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ScAr Inexpensive Alternative
I have a galley kitchen and the 1 wall I needed to tile is fairly small. Instead of moving my appliances around to do legit tile work, these peel and stick tiles did the job just fine without all the hassle. I installed them a couple weeks ago, no problems yet!
April 22, 2014