CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Humidifiers provide comfort by adding moisture to dry, heated indoor air. To benefit most from the humidifier and avoid product misuse, follow all instructions carefully. Please note that this is an electrical appliance and requires attention when in use. In addition, if you do not follow the recommended care and maintenance guidelines, micro-organisms may be able to grow in the water within the water tank. You must routinely follow the cleaning procedures that follow in order to ensure proper, efficient operation of your humidifier. Proper maintenance and cleaning is essential to the continued performance of your unit and the avoidance of algae or bacteria build-up.
Daily Maintenance (Cool Mist/Warm Mist/Ultrasonic):
1. Be sure the unit is OFF and is disconnected from the electrical outlet.
2. Remove the housing and the tank from the humidifier and place in sink or tub. Remove the filter if applicable (for Cool Mist only).
3. Carry the base of the unit to the sink, remove the wick, place in sink, drain any remaining water and rinse thoroughly to remove any sediment or dirt. Wipe clean, and dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
4. Drain the water from the tank into the sink and rinse tank thoroughly. Wipe clean, and dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
5. Put filter back in (for Cool Mist only), replace the housing, then refill tank with cool tap water as instructed earlier in the Filling Instructions. Do not overfill.
6. Follow Operating Instructions to turn on the humidifier.
Special Cleaning Instructions for Warm Mist Humidifiers only:
NOTE: Allow the humidifier to cool down before maintenance.
1. The Electronic Thermal Control heating element is lined with a coating that is designed to provide the easiest cleaning and prolong the operating efficiency for the humidifier. DO NOT use any metal or hard objects to clean the heating element. Wipe the heating element clean with a soft cloth.
2. Never use detergents, gasoline, kerosene, glass cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner or other household solvents to clean any part of the humidifier.
Weekly Maintenance (Cool Mist/Warm Mist/Ultrasonic):
To Remove Scale:
NOTE: For Warm Mist, allow the humidifier to cool down before maintenance.
1. Repeat previous steps in Daily Maintenance.
2. Clean the base by partially filling the base with one 8-oz cups of undiluted white vinegar, or by using Cleanse Clean® (Model S1710) by the manufacturer. Leave this solution in the base for 20 minutes, while cleaning all the interior surfaces with a soft brush (brush not included). Gently scrub the area around the transducer with a soft brush
(for Ultrasonic only).
Remove base scale by wiping the base with a cloth dampened with undiluted white vinegar.
3. Rinse with clean warm water to remove the cleaning solution before disinfecting the tank.
To Disinfect Humidifier Base and Tank:
1. Fill humidifier tank 1/2 full with water and 1/2 tablespoon of chlorine bleach.
2. Let the solution stand for 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes. Wet all surfaces.
3. Carefully empty the tank after 20 minutes, and rinse with warm water until you cannot detect any bleach smell. Dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
4. Place filter back into tank (for Cool Mist only).
5. Refill the water tank with cool water and replace on housing (see Filling Instructions above). Follow Operating Instructions to turn the humidifier ON.