Make sure your next new construction or residing job not only looks good, but also provides comfort, value and energy efficiency when you include Super TUFF-R polyisocyanurate insulation.These days, all homes need a solid, continuous, water resistant layer of insulation under the exterior finish. If you have insulation between the studs, the wood framing can represent 25 percent of the surface area of a home’s walls – and act as a conduit for energy loss.By adding Super TUFF-R insulation to your walls, you can enjoy the value-added benefits of energy savings, an effective air barrier to cover cracks in old siding and around windows and doors, and a temperature-stabilizing effect in the stud cavity – reducing the potential for moisture accumulating inside walls due to condensation.
- The Super TUFF-R R-3.3 1/2 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. foam insulation is Energy Star compliant and highly durable and moisture resistant. It installs easily over OSB or non-insulated sheathing and directly over wood studs.
- Super TUFF-RDurable Non-Reflective Faced Insulation can reduce water and water vapor intrusion from the outside. This product warms the wall cavity, thereby reducing the potential for dew point condensation forming in the walls – a key moisture defense.
- Meet or exceed federal guidelines for energy efficiency for year-round energy and money savings with an R-Value of 3.3.
- Super TUFF-Ralso acts as a component in a secondary drainage plane, allowing wind-driven rain (which can penetrate vinyl siding) to move quickly down the wall cavity and out the bottom of the wall – another valuable defense against moisture.
- Super TUFF-Ralso can help protect resided homes against air infiltration through walls, which is a bigger problem than most people realize. On a windy day, air infiltration can cause significant heat loss in a home.
- Lightweight design installs easily over OSB or non-insulated sheathing and directly over wood studs. One facer is blue while the other is radiant barrier-quality reflective foil
- Using Super TUFF-R™ in a residing application helps cover cracks in old siding and around windows and doors, covering the whole wall surface, not just the area between the studs, delivering air and water retarding properties for the walls of the home.
- Lightweight design installs easily over OSB or non-insulated sheathing and directly over wood studs. One facer is blue while the other is radiant barrier-quality reflective foil.