Super base is a one-part water-based acrylic coating that is easily applied without environmental concerns and is used as a base coat for either super therm or SUNSHIELD. Super base can be used as a base coat to seal tar, asphalt shingles, rubber, concrete or wood roofs. Super base can be applied to metal, concrete, masonry and wood. The application can be spray, brush or roller. This coating should never be applied at less than 16 mils wet (400 microns), 10 mils dry (250 microns), each coat. Super base is USDA approved for use in food preparation areas and is MBDC product certified.
- A base coat to seal tar, asphalt shingles, rubber roofs as well as concrete and wood
- An intermediate coat over mastic sealing tape on joints and seams and around air conditioning units and vents or on any areas where leaks would most likely happen
- A base coat for super therm and SUNSHIELD to fill and seal seams, as well as, around penetrations and protrusions
- Excellent as the first layer of a roofing system
- MBDC product certification and USDA approved
- Cures by evaporation and is lead and chromate free
- Voc level: 45 grams/liter - .38 lb./Gal., viscosity 200 KU