The Survive-a-Storm In-Garage model underground tornado safe room is the perfect solution for a family that doesn't want to displace valuable space that could be used for storage or other purposes. This storm shelter mounts flush with your garage floor and with a 1/4 in. thick lid it's so strong that you can even drive a vehicle over it. We've heard from customers who have used their shelter as a mechanics pit for working on their vehicles or changing their oil. However you decide to use your Survive-a-Storm In-Garage model tornado shelter, you'll love the fact that our shelter is full of extra features including removable stair treads, a television mount, fan mount with battery operated light and fan and locking bench seat.
- 10-Gauge steel construction with 1/4 in. lid and reinforcements for superior strength
- Removable steel stair treads provide additional capacity when occupied
- Heavy-duty galvanized hardware for longer life
- Sacrificial zinc anode reduces likelihood of corrosion
- Coal tar epoxy coating provides your shelter the same protection against rust and corrosion as underground storage tanks and cross country pipelines