The Archive Collection features a hand woven flat weave construction that beautifully highlights the simplicity and sophistication as part of Surya's Smithsonian Collection. Ornament list and architect Owen Jones produced handsome volumes on design in Victorian Britain, including The Grammar of Chinese Ornament, an encyclopedia of pattern inspired by historic and traditional ornament from around the world. The Grammar of Chinese Ornament lavishly displays artwork of ancient Chinese cultures in 100 exquisite full color plates. This book is held by the Smithsonian Institution Libraries' Special Collections which contains some of the most intriguing and unusual assets comprising of books, journals, and pamphlets as well as manuscripts, maps, prints, medals and other objects.
- 100% Wool
- No backing, use of a rug pad is recommended (sold separately)
- Hand Woven in India
- Naturally stain-resistant and resists color fading
- Easy to care for by vacuuming often and professionally cleaning when required
- Hand-made with higher quality materials for long lasting durability and a more vibrant design
- Please Note: The digital images and product dimensions on our website are as accurate as possible. Due to differences in computer monitors, some rug colors may vary slightly. Lengths and widths may vary from the published dimensions. We do our best to provide you with an exact measurement, but please be advised that some variation exists. Patterns may vary slightly according to shape and size selected.