Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 7
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by soosecip Great system for quality and price
The 960H system is a great improvement over the lower quality and cost system it replaced. Picture quality and set up options cover just about everything you need for surveillance. 1 TB storage is awesome over the 500GB of my last system. The 9ch capability should cover multiple camera locations for most homeowners. Internet setup is intuitive. Computer set up works well, just follow the guides, which are well written. Test your DVR camera configuration until you are satisfied is key. Motion detection and area takes some adjusting. Email notification feature is neat. See separate 642 camera review. 4 came with the system
August 31, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CaptainSparrow Excellent product
I purchased the DVR9-4200 that came as a kit with 4 Pro 642 Cameras. All items were well packed and easy to unpack onto a table, setting them all up to test before installation was easy and all products work ok. The only bit that took time was plugging in the BNC cables into the DVR, you do need small fingers.Setting up advanced options like DDNS , IPAD, Windows and smart phone monitoring was easier then I expected.
Image quality is good and the picture quality is great when plugged into a HD TV.
I can fully recommend this product for its quality, functionality and price.
August 14, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Jetpilotice Worst Night Vision Ever
Bought this system thinking it would be DVD quality since that is what Swan advertises. Daytime video is just OK I had a lot of pexilating going on little flash's of red in area's. Night time don't expect to see anything other than it looks like a blizzard is going on from all the noise in the picture I blame this on the Camera's not so much the DVR. They need to pair up this DVR with some better Camera's. Needless to say I uninstalled everything and back it went. Now on to a HD system try that.
October 22, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DIHLON Can't beat the price
Simple installation, lots of features. Only 2 complaints are that the cameras detect motion that isn't there so it is using up memory(I even played with the sensitivity settings), and that you can only play back 1 camera at a time. I would prefer to be able to playback all 4 cameras on the quad screen at 1 time. I also bought a battery back-up for this system and can view the cameras from my bedroom tv so that I can turn it on from my bed and see what's going on outside.
October 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Blade Awesome Product, easy to hook up.
I bought this product 1 week ago, because it was broken in to my neighbors house, with the alarm we have, they can still break a window and come in and out without setting the alarm [cant turn the motion sensors on because of the 4 cats we have]. with this system we feel much safer especially when we are gone for a few days. it is easy to set up, most of the work is running the wire. I tested the cameras first before I mounted them. Works great, just follow the instructions, the same with adding it on to the I phone [remote access]. This system was up and running in a few hours [like I said most of the work is running the wire]. The cameras are awesome, of course I would have liked to get an HD system, but it was a little out of my range [money wise]. we are watching the monitor constantly while we are watching TV, lots of fun.
I recommend this product any day.
June 16, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Turbobob Installation hints on this system.
I want to share my installation experience with those who are about to purchase this system, hopefully to help the person doing the actual installation of the hardware.
1. The cameras have a small box attached to the cable called a joystick, which is used to make some specific camera settings that are not available via the DVR menu system. The settings made via the joystick are stored in the camera itself, not within the DVR, so there is no way to have a record of these settings other than writing them down. If you move the camera from one location to another, the settings in the camera stay with the camera.
2. Camera settings made via the DVR menu system are stored within the DVR and can be exported to a flash drive via the USB port.
3. Before mounting any of the cameras, set the system up in a room, or the basement, then attach all of the connectors for the BNC video cables and power supplies. Now use the DVR menu system to insure each camera works using the default settings.
4. Refer to the manual on using the DVR and joystick settings.
5. For good night time vision, I was able to make the camera joystick settings in my low lit basement, enabling the night vision for the cameras. Then I was able to easily get to the joystick since it was exposed and not bundled up in the rafters, walls or mounting box, and made the appropriate settings such as Noise Reduction (which is absolutely necessary to adjust to reduce the “snowflake” effect and false triggering) and other settings for it not available in the DVR menu. This made for a very clear night vision image which could never be done after the hardware is fully enclosed. In reality, the joystick controls should be located at the DVR connection end, where it would be easily accessible, instead of at the camera end of the cabling.
6. After setting the joystick settings for night vision on all cameras, then I physically mounted them, then I was able to fine tune the other settings for each camera via the DVR menu settings for night vision and for daylight vision.
7. I use the system in conjunction with my floodlights at night, so I’m able to get a very good image of whatever or whoever trips the floodlights. Without the floodlights, the night vision is limited to around 25 feet with a limited viewing angle.
8. Daytime images are very good, but can vary from camera to camera. Some are excellent, some are just good.
December 5, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Smoke This product was easy to set up..
It was easy to set up...and I have already bought add on cameras for it..the video quality is awesome, especially the the vision..The only problem I have is trying to get it to work on my IPhone and IPad.
August 14, 2013