T-Fal Ultraglide 4476 iron embodies ingenuity and innovation for easy ironing and high performance. Thoughtfully designed iron smoothes out wrinkles quickly and easily. Ultraglide ceramic soleplate has the best glide, with incomparable smoothness, scratch-resistance and non-stick properties. Pointed tip works well for getting into pleats, between buttons, and along seams. Iron produces continuous steam (up to 35 g per minute), delivers a powerful burst of steam (80 g/min) as needed to help smooth out stubborn wrinkles from difficult fabrics. Continuous steam and soleplate temperature are both adjustable to the fabric type. For added convenience, iron comes with extra large sealed inlet opening for easy filling and to prevent spills, large 9 oz. water-tank size means fewer refills necessary. Use iron on a flat surface for traditional ironing or hold it upright for vertically steaming out wrinkles from hanging drapes and delicate garments. Easy cord system keeps the cord out of the way when ironing and prevents from re-wrinkling already-ironed fabrics. Dual self-cleaning technology with calc-recollecting valve and integrated anti-scale system provide better long-lasting performances while the anti-drip system prevents water leaks when the iron is not hot enough to steam. Lightweight, the 1700-Watt iron endears itself to users with its soft grip handle for ergonomic comfort.
- Extra-large heel helps to prevent tipping over and is perfect to wrap up the cord when the iron is stored
- For peace of mind and added safety, iron comes with a 3-way auto off feature
- Iron will shut off automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity if left on its soleplate or tipped over on its side; if left vertically on its heel rest, it will shut off after eight minutes
- 64 steam holes: 37 microholes for ultimate steam diffusion across entire fabric with a concentration at tip, 27 large steam holes for advanced steam performance
- Cord exit at back of handle to reduce contact with cord when ironing
- Round thermostat dial with precision control
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs