The sharp point of the TEKTON 5/8 in. Center Punch marks workpiece with a dimple, creating an exact starting spot for your drill that prevents it from wandering. It works on just about any material softer than the point itself, including cast iron, mild steel, brass, bronze, copper, aluminum, wood, and even plastics and polymers. The tapered shaft and sharp point are precisely machined to meet exacting size tolerances, ensuring they are straight and true. Made from premium, high carbon steel, each punch is individually heat treated, creating a strong, hardened tip while keeping the soft temper of the striking end, allowing it to absorb hammer blows without chipping.
- Sharp point marks cast iron, mild steel, brass, aluminum, and wood with a dimple, creating an exact starting spot for drill that prevents it from wandering
- Made from premium, high carbon steel
- Precisely machined taper and tip meet exacting tolerances
- Individual heat treatment allows careful control of tip hardness and temper of striking end
- Classic natural finish has a dry-touch, rust-preventative coating
- TEKTON tools are Always Guaranteed: if you ever have an issue, contact us