The Toggler brand Alligator solid-wall anchors out-hold metal masonry screws and metal wedge, sleeve, expansion, and drop-in anchors of comparable screw size, as well as plastic plugs. The Alligator anchor's special corrosion-proof polymer absorbs shock and vibration and seals the hole against moisture. They are the easiest anchors to install, as well as the most versatile anchors in the world. They work in any building material, including hollow brick and hollow block, as well as tile over drywall or over greenboard. Many different sizes and types of screws (sheet metal, lag, wood, stainless steel, etc.) can be used with the same diameter anchor.
- Anchor and drill diameter: 5/16 in.
- Screw sizes: #8 - 5/16 in. diameter.
- Minimum screw thread length = 1 5/8 in. + item thickness
- Minimum hole depth = 2 in.
- Flanged to seal the hole
- Will NOT spin when using a screw gun
- Use in all solid walls -- concrete, masonry, brick, stone, etc.
- Heavy loads in solid walls; light loads in hollow walls that are minimum 1/2 in. thick