Tool theft from truck toolboxes continues to be a major problem, not only from the cost of the equipment stolen but also from time lost and schedules missed. Using 3D accelerometer technology, most commonly found in high-end games and high-end phones, the ToolGuard addresses the reliability and installation issues. The 3D accelerometer located in the alarm senses even the slightest change in position to gravity. Once installed, the device is armed and disarmed with a handheld remote. The ToolGuard alarm was originally designed for owners of toolboxes who have been historically frustrated with the high theft rate of their expensive tools and limited options in the market to help secure them. The ToolGuard alarm has found a much wider market than just toolboxes. There is a need from musicians with expensive equipment, boat owners who travel with their boats, travelers with top carriers or RV compartments, plus many other uses. It can be attached to almost any lid within 30 seconds. In this day of complicated ever-changing technology, ToolGuard alarm found a way to offer security without a 10-page instruction and installation manual. The alarm comes fully assembled and ready to use. There are no contacts or magnets to try to align or wires to run. Using the provided 3M industrial strength double faced tape, the owner places the 6.5 in. x 3 in. security device on or in the compartment they would like to secure, press a silver dollar size remote and walk away.
- Simple installation, no wires to run
- Designed and manufactured for rugged industrial applications, polycarbonate housing
- Low battery warning, 2 year battery life under normal use
- Multiple applications as device can be armed in any position, works for soft tool tags as well as backpacks and computer bags
- Used for for toolboxes, tonneau covers, tool bags, car top carriers, RV exterior compartments