Rated 4.1 out of 5Â by 546
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Baileyboo Sweet!
Just got the mower... Like everyone else, I paid too much and just supporting the high price!, but it is a great mower. It starts easy, and the personal pace is great. I have a large yard, with multiple levels and small hills and it takes care of it no problem. It definitely saves a lot of time. For me this mower is perfect as a ride-on mower could be a little sketchy near some of the rock embankments on my property.
It is easier to control and maneuver than I thought it would be once it is going. Overall I am very happy with it, and so is Mr. Visa!
May 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by EdmontonRoadie So far it's great.
I replaced a 15 yr old Honda Commercial 21in mower with this.
The new Timemaster is FANTASTIC. I got the electric start version.
My lot is 10,000 sq ft and I have a large amount of yard since the house is a 1,600 sq ft bungalow. I do not mow as often as I should - mainly because with the bag-only old mower it's a 1-1.5 hr job.
I just did my first mow (so I may update this review later.)
What I like so far:
- It's really quiet.
- The dual blade sounds like a jet - but not loud, very cool.
- The 30" deck saved me 50% of my time (mulching.) Bagging would be maybe 40%. That means I will mow more often and put less stress on the grass.
- Even though it's a 180lb beast it is super easy to manuver and feels much lighter than my old 120lb Honda. I had zero problems getting around bushes, trees, bunps, off camber slopes, etc.
- The Personal Pace is really nice. It just works.
- The deck height adjusts in 1/2" increments and only having to make the adjustment twice vs. 4 times on the old mower is nice.
- I can cut much taller than the old Honda - up to 4". So when it is hot and dry you can really reduce the stress on the lawn. Plus if you leave it too long between mows you have a lot of height to play with.
- The cut is very good, but then it should be with new blades. Totally flat and no missed grass between the blades.
- Would be nice if the mulch clippings were smaller. They are much smaller than my old clippings but I expected them to be finer.
- Uses a lot of gas - but that's nitpicking plus it's new and may get better.
- The engine is huge but it soulds like it is working hard in some extra-thick sections. My grass is very thick this year due to so much rain. I wonder how it will cope with longer or wet grass.
August 17, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by LUVMOWING Best Mower I ever bought!
I purchased this mower online Friday the 8th, picked up at the store Saturday the 9th and mowed my yard Saturday afternoon. Unpacking the mower was simple enough and the minimal assembly was easy to do. I read numerous feedback prior to this purchase and found them to be helpful. I never mow wet grass; I always mow in the afternoon around 5:00pm. Mower was a dream to use. I bagged the front yard, as is my custom, and mulched the back yard, as is my custom. Both functions were performed without a hitch. In fact, I never mow front and back, approximately .8 acres in total, in same day. I typically mow front Saturday afternoon and back Sunday afternoon. I finished the front in such short a time I decided to go ahead and mow back. This mower is superb in every way and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to mow, as I do, and is in good health. I also own a John Deer D130 that was purchased from HomeDepot several years ago. Still the best riding mower in its class and I mow our meadow with it.
August 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by ymerejtrebor Wow!
I hated mowing the lawn before, now after buying this machine, I look forward to the next opportunity. We have had so much rain down here in TX this year. Before I had a 20 inch cheapest thing you could by from Home Depot and I struggled for hours and my daughter never offered to help..now I am knocking out both front and backyards in a mere hour, and my daughter and I are fighting over who gets to mow the lawn and use this wonderful too...just amazing. I would have given this a 5, but I changed the oil after the first 5 hours as recommended in the manual and had to flip the thing over (no oil drain plug)..and I am not looking forward to changing the blades and belts and all, but hey, this is a small price to pay for my time. If you want to save time and you want to actually like mowing the lawn, this machine is for you.
June 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Danman149 Toro 30in Timemaster Mower is perfect for my yard
I have a pretty large lawn with lots of tricky areas. For this reason a riding mower is not ideal. I was using a 21" mower and it took forever to mow the entire yard. This is the reason I purchased the Toro 30in Timemaster Mower. Now I can maneuver quite easily and get the job done much faster. I really love the ability to keep the motor running while I empty the bagger. I suspect this will also prolong engine life as repeated starting/stopping can increase wear over time. It mulches very well if I only cut the top 1/3 of the grass. Mulching decreases the mow time even more and is good for moisture retention. The hose cleaning connection is nice and I am using it after every mow. A clean deck & blade is best for the next sessions and I suspect decreases chances of rust. The engine has plenty of power to mulch even the thicker Fescue grass I have in one area. The engine has started first pull every time. I've never seen this before with any other mower. Very impressive! The speed control was a little tricky to get used to, but now it's second nature. The folding handle is super easy yet very sturdy. It helps reduce the area taken up in lawn shed. The wheels are very easy to adjust the height and are clearly marked in front/rear so you get the same height. The only (slight) downside is that the mower is a bit heavier than your regular walk behind. This is to be expected as it's larger and better built than the average small mower. Now that I've gotten used to maneuvering the mower the weight is not much of an issue now. I'm very satisfied with this product and would highly recommend it. Great job TORO!
August 15, 2014