Rated 4.1 out of 5Â by 30
Rated 5 out of 5Â by TexAg Great Purchase
I have several large trees in my yard and was looking for a solution to cut down on the time spent raking. After contemplating the purchase of this product for over a year, I finally purchased a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy I did.
I was a bit unsure on buying this product. My concerns were as follows:
1. Would this unit be enough to pick up the heavy accumulation of leaves in my yard?
2. Would this unit be small enough to fit through my gate (my gate is barely large enough to fit the mower deck though with the chute pulled up)?
3. Would this unit be easy to install/uninstall and come with all the parts needed?
After purchasing this product, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to cut down on their raking.
1. This unit, attached to my mower, did an excellent job picking up the leaves in my yard. Previously, raking was a two person job taking three hours. Now, cleaning up the leaves takes one person one hour. I could cut this down to 30 minutes with two people (one to drive the mower, one empty the leaves). The unit also did a great job picking up the grass clippings.
2. This unit was well engineered. The hard plastic bagger top is the same width as the mower deck (without the chute). The tubes are easily removed with a few quick clips which allow me to go through my gate with minimal work.
3. This unit was easily installed. It took me one hour from start to finish. The only issue I had was within the directions. There is a discrepancy on the bolt size listed on page 9. The diagram lists a 5/15 x 2-1/2 inch bolt, whereas the procedure lists the correct 5/16 x 1 inch bolt.
I only had a one small complaint with the product. The price of the unit kept me from purchasing earlier. Now that I have purchased the unit, I better understand why the unit is priced a bit higher. The bagger comes with the weight kit, the engine guard and the hitch kit. While I don't see much value in the engine guard, I could see the value in having the weight kit and the hitch if I want to pull a yard trailer in the future.
Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to cut down on their time spent raking.
October 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Radar Like The Bagger!
I ordered the bagger after deciding I hated the look of my lawn with grass clippings laying all over the place. Considered the mulching kit but you really can't cut the lawn all at once if you let it get too long and mulching causes increased thatch growth. Assembling the unit was easy except that Toro left out some bolts but Home depot ordered the parts for me and gave me an extra 20% off for my trouble. The unit works great. I can mow my entire lawn and only have to empty the bags at the end. I recommend the unit. The only down side is the cost. It's pretty expensive.
July 9, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5Â by ToroMower Good product - missing parts
The bagger fits and functions as expected. The delivery was timely. The bad news was the assembly, parts and instructions. It did not come with all the parts, the parts it did come with didn't match the description/parts list, and the assembly instructions were inconsistent with the parts list. i.e. - asking you to install a carriage bolt that is neither on the parts list, or included in the bag of parts. I would recommend so long as you have extra washers, bolts, etc laying around or allow time to run to the parts store.
August 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by todd good purchase
a little time to install it but once its on it works good
August 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by hnry73 GREAT PURCHASE !!!
Easy to install with with some basic now how. This 42" bagger set up has
great suction and also is very easy to berakdown and take off the mower for storage. only one negative comment , one bag fills up quicker than the other..
August 19, 2014